Jared of Oklahoma

SLT 750 bogging down and other issues

I just had the motor put back in a SLT 750 I bought about a month ago. The previous owner had pulled the motor because he could not figure why he did not have power or something. Im not sure he really knew why he pulled the motor. A friend helped me find three broken wires going to the stator that may have been the problem. Anyway now it runs decent but seems to take a while to plane out and really get going. It almost wants to bog down and then all of the sudden really kicks in the power and takes off. Does this sound like dirty carbs or maybe a jet pump problem? I would think if it was pump related it would be all the time but Im not sure. Does this sound like a carb issue? Once it gets up to speed it runs awesome and seems to have plenty of power. Also when I am running in choppy water at full speed it loses power intermintently when jumping wakes or chop. I know this is probably the stock intake grate much like my Kawasakis. So is there a good top loader grate for the Polaris skis??

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Your problems sound like fuel delivery issues. It may be time to go through the carbs, inspect and clean the internal filters. If you still have the original fuel lines, it's time to replace them, including the lines in the tank.
    If you still have the single outlet fuel pump, it would be wise to replace it w/ the 3 outlet pump.
    Be sure to locate your return line restrictor, and not delete it when you replace your lines. It may be installed in the return line itself.

+1
    93, the first thing I'd want to know is compression and is it firing on all three cylinders while trying to get on plane?
    Be careful, if it's fuel starvation you're going to burtn it down, check your piston wash.

Jared of Oklahoma
    ok still learning here, What is Piston Wash?? I am out of town right now so I do not have my Clymers Manual w/me. All the fuel lines except the ones in the tank have been replaced. Where do I get a 3 outlet fuel pump?? Do you think anyone on here sells them?? I may check w/Zigler.
    Why do these things have a fuel line restrictor on them? is it because of the three carbs??

Jared of Oklahoma
    by the way thanks guys for your advice

Jared of Oklahoma
    oh and also when you say internal filters, are they in the tank??

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    You might want to try the search function. I did on piston wash and lots of threads popped up. Heres one... http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ht=piston+wash
    The return restrictor is needed for the fuel pump to make pressure to feed the fuel to the carbs. Otherwise the fuel would just get recirculated back to the tank through the return/ bypass line.
    The internal filters I mentioned are in the carbs.

Thread Information