Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Low RPM issue

Low RPM issue

I do not what happen I can't cross 7300 RPM I was thinking that my RPM will increse after blocking the BOV, what I noticed that my RPM dropped from 7600 to 7300 and my max speed was only 60 mph yes it was windy rough sea but still I should get 7500 RPM plus after blocking the BOV I like the throutle response and hard acceleration and i reach to 50 mph much quicker that before..but I'm worried about the RPM what could cause that drop?

Is your boost low as well (around 8-9 PSI)? If so, check for other leaks such as the drain plug on the bottom front of the intake manifold. Mine was missing which caused the same thing. This will also give you a very high and erratic idle. If you don't have any of these symptoms then it's probably not the drain plug.

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Is your boost low as well (around 8-9 PSI)? If so, check for other leaks such as the drain plug on the bottom front of the intake manifold. Mine was missing which caused the same thing. This will also give you a very high and erratic idle. If you don't have any of these symptoms then it's probably not the drain plug.
    what should be the average boost..I gona check it when I will send my ski for other modifications for workshop

11.4 boost

+1
    probably need to tighten your supercharger belt..

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    what should be the average boost..I gona check it when I will send my ski for other modifications for workshop
    I wouldnt do anything else to it till you figure out where your RPMs went,obvious place to look would be for a boost leak, and tension on supercharger belt.........

+1
    so whats this abuot the drain plug on the air intake?? if its gone will i lose boost/rpm??

i thought i was running fine.... however i reached under there out of curiousity and JUST A HOLE? so..... any suggestions? does it really matter? who knows...maybe ive been riding a bit shy of power than what im suppose to.

I'm sending it to mechanic what is your advise what he has to check 1. Boost test 2. Leaking hoses Any thing else?

if you have lost rpms directly after blocking you BOV then thats what probably went wrong. Make sure that your mechanic installed the gaskets and that they are not leaking.

First time posting here however my dad and I bought 2 ultras about a year ago and have been having the worst luck ever with low RPM's. We bought them in May of 07 from Jetski Unlimited.... (I work for them now). Anyhow. They both were running strong for the first 6 or so months. Then we had the Riva sponsons, Riva intake and Exhaust put on. They were running well for a bit then they both plummeted in rpm's. Mine went from ~7650 down to a consistent 7200..... with everything installed. Chad from JSU and I went out and did some lake tests and we had NO idea what the prob was. We replaced the whole pump..... Drained the oil, checked the BOV, Checked the s/c belt, tightened throttle ect. Well, about 2 weeks ago he had a kawasaki tech stop in the shop and they started it up and low and behold they found that it was actually low fuel pressure. We replaced the fuel pump through warranty and now the rpm's are back up to the 7600's.

-kris

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information