05-24-2008, 02:34 PM #1
My 08 FX HO Cruiser--SHO Cruiser comparison
My 08 Fx Ho Cruiser to SHO cruiser, comparison
I DID AS JERRY RECOMMENDED AND DROVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT!!!
FINALLY GOT MINE THIS MORNING! First of all I really liked the looks and the design. front hood cover works much better than FX HO cover at keeping dry!!!
Since I traded the FX HO on the SHO I can give a good comparison.
1. speed-definitely stronger but less than I was exspecting I thought the HO would pale in comparision but really it didn't. I was exspecting more arm snatching
2. Handleing-SHO much better than HO 35-50mph 180's as hard as you can snatch the handles, acts like it is on rails!! I was in a small lake but it handled the wake off of other boats much better than the FX HO,A few times the HO scared me at high speed but SHO at even higher speeds NO scary moments 68 mph hitting wake at a bad angle not scary at all!!
3. looks- Much better with the improved hood not near as bulky and heavy looking as FX HO!
4. Bells and whistles- SHO has them and they all work wonderful
5. Gas mileage-SHO is BAD compared to FX HO I was in a small 80 acre lake so it was 1.5 hours of fast straight line sprints 1.5 hours=3/4 of a tank!!! Don't like that but the price we pay to be the BIG DOG,I guess!!
6.Top End- SHO 68.2 GPS FX HO 59.2 GPS I was amazed that the 9mph faster did not feel much faster (still kept my cap on, wind drag maybe??..lol.
All and all I am happy all that waiting and antisipating set my exspectations to high,I guess?
Beautiful machine my favorite aspect is at idle she sounds like she has a race cam pretty good rumble and chop going on!!! Did not exspect it to handle so much better than FX HO because I assumed it was the same hull but maybe the engine being heavier and centered and mounted low is what makes the difference??
I love it!! I would feel better if I did not get raped so bad on trading the 08 FX HO with 10 hours on it!!!!
Hope this helps those sitting on the fence between the SHO and HO!!
Hope this is not a double post first attempt did not seem to work!
05-24-2008, 02:36 PM #2
Nice simple comparison report. Good perspective.
05-25-2008, 01:22 AM #3
I have both also-
05 ho cruiser and 3.3. hrs on SHO cruiser-
Ditto what he said---
Only wish that trip meter and timer and miles would not reset to 0 every time I stop for a drink-------
05-25-2008, 08:42 PM #4
05-25-2008, 09:43 PM #5
even says so in manual
same on 06 ski- friend has one
yes -- is useless-----------------
05-26-2008, 03:28 PM #6
Like wolfmad says.......no glitch........just can't understand the thinking behind this, it just seems common sense not to have it reset every time motor is switched of !!!
05-26-2008, 10:39 PM #7
Rode a tank of gas out of both= yesterday-FXHO Cruiser and SHO cruiser--
side by side all day- when ho could keep up__
put 2 more gallons in SHO
About same in my doo
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By beached log in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-28-2007, 08:57 PM
By seasure1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 4Last Post: 09-15-2007, 07:59 PM
By seasure1 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-15-2007, 07:59 PM
By sbarnette in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-13-2007, 12:22 PM
By waverungp in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2007, 11:05 PM