+1

Question warning light and 12 volt low

Right, i went out on my ski and almost straight away the red warning light would flash 3 times like every 30 seconds but no message would come up pn the display????? Then after i while i did get the 12 volt low message come up. Now my ski had a new gel battery end of last season which i fully charged before my first trip out (only last sunday) I have checked the battery at idle and it was getting 13.6-8 volts. Mainly i want to know why the red light would flash but no message and what could be wrong to cause the 12 volt low warning. Thanks in advance

+1
    When you say "no message comes up" did you try pressing the SET button 5X and see if a fault code comes up?

+1
    check the fuse for the voltage regulator, mine was in there loose and caused this problem

+1
    no i didnt do the set button check but i will and where is the fuse? any help thanks.R8

Doo'n it on the Lake ... GTXDawg's Avatar
    LOL (funny now that it's fixed - wasn't so funny yesterday tho!) - had same problem - just resolved it here ...

Check these 2 fuses below - the fuses are inside the connectors - when you unclip the plugs you will see the fuses inside of the plugs. Both of mine were badly corroded. Cleaned/replaced them & started right up!

Now have 14.5V across battery posts - system is charging fine now.

... took me 2 days to figure it out tho!

hey whats up. I have an 06 rxp with the same dam problem. I tried fixing it my self didnt work cant win. So took to dealer and the tech talked to me say there a design problem were we have are white storage tank under the hood the container puts stress on the wires cause them to loose cantact, causing no charge or 12v low he did that and also put some zip ties and no problem since. But last year same problem happen again so i said o great but my battery explosed loosing 2 cells. Check your battery fill plugs my where missing half broken from jumping big waves in the storm and big boats :P

NO PROBLEMS SINCE THEN THANKS TO GREAT Marine TECH at EXREME MOTORSPORTS in Indian , Hammond

12v Low problem fuses

GTX Dawg
    Where did you get the pictures of the 2 fuses? The pictures are still a little hard to see.

Thread Information