Stop Obama Express

Angry 3 problems/break downs yesterday on my XP

First thing that happened is the water hose from the tuned pipe to the muffler fell on the exhuast and melted a hole in it. I was able to fix easily once I limped back to the dock.

Second, the large diameter rubber hose from the tuned pipe to the muffler melted a hole in the side of it causing the ski to run like shit and leak exhuast and smoke in the hull. My buddy towed me back to the dock with his GTX and I loaded the ski and went to autozone to get a large radiator hose to fix it about 20 miles away.

I came back to the dock and launched again at 4pm and went to the party cove and hung out. Killed the motor to float and hang out. Tried to crank, it cranked really slow. WTF? I turned it off once I got whre i wanted and then NO MORE CRANKING EVER!! My starter took a shit. So once again I am towed back to the dock and replaced the starter right there on the dock since I happened to have one for my other ski. Ski is finally running and I was able to enjoy about 2 hours of skiing from 11am to 8pm.

Pissed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 240witSR View Post
    First thing that happened is the water hose from the tuned pipe to the muffler fell on the exhuast and melted a hole in it. I was able to fix easily once I limped back to the dock.

Second, the large diameter rubber hose from the tuned pipe to the muffler melted a hole in the side of it causing the ski to run like shit and leak exhuast and smoke in the hull. My buddy towed me back to the dock with his GTX and I loaded the ski and went to autozone to get a large radiator hose to fix it about 20 miles away.

I came back to the dock and launched again at 4pm and went to the party cove and hung out. Killed the motor to float and hang out. Tried to crank, it cranked really slow. WTF? I turned it off once I got whre i wanted and then NO MORE CRANKING EVER!! My starter took a shit. So once again I am towed back to the dock and replaced the starter right there on the dock since I happened to have one for my other ski. Ski is finally running and I was able to enjoy about 2 hours of skiing from 11am to 8pm.

Pissed.
    When you towed the ski in you filled the engine with water. The starter is not strong enough to turn it over.

DO THIS NOW!
    Pull the spark plugs and bump the starter. Water will shoot out!
    Spray fogging oil in the holes and bump starter (x3).

Put DRY plugs in and try to start it.
    -If not starting repeat above (x1) and try again.

If you have spare battery charge it. A roll of paper towels are a help.

+1
    When you get it running on the hose get it hot. As soon as it's light get it in the water and ride it to evap any remaining water.

+1
    Radiator hose will blow in no time. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ighlight=mouse

2" Marine Wet-Exhaust Hose.

Stop Obama Express
    There was NO water in the hull and no water in the engine. As soon as i replaced the starter at the dock, it fired right up. I always pull the plugs after each ride and fog the engine with seadoo lubricant and turn it over by hand. When the starter took a crap, i was able to turn the PTO over by hand. So i knew for fact it was not a seized engine.

The hose on it previously was a radiator hose, so i replaced it with the same. Ill get right on to replacing it with a correct hose ASAP.

Any ideas where to get one? NEVERMIND... found some on ebay.
    Last edited by 240witSR; 05-26-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Thread Information