Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question '95 gtx...bogs hard in turns

I have seen a similar thread but cant find it now so I will ask..Bogs BAD when turning.Any ideas why? I thought it was low fuel level but still does it with full tank.Thanx for any suggestions

+1
    Its all in the carbs.

Remove carbs & clean/rebuild them & replace all fuel lines & on/off valve.

Thanx WW I have already cleaned carbs,lines have already been changed over to gates 1/4" fuel lines.I was planning on bypassing fuel selecter today anyway...

+1
    The fuel selecters get gummed up bad,they are part of the fuel system.

well..new filter,fuel selecter bypass,new plugs......ran better but again would resort to the problematic performance....it would clear up and then return after a few seconds of throttle cracks so I am thinking definately fuel issue of some sort..I used a filter from autozone...not suitable maybe??Idk at this point...puzzling...when I went thru the carbs I set hi at 1+1/4 and the lows at 3/4.Bein sporadical it would seem to be a delivery issue...I blew thru the vent line to confirm no blockage....I have fresh fuel... Any other suggestions??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dzldogg View Post
    well..new filter,fuel selecter bypass,new plugs......ran better but again would resort to the problematic performance....it would clear up and then return after a few seconds of throttle cracks so I am thinking definately fuel issue of some sort..I used a filter from autozone...not suitable maybe??Idk at this point...puzzling...when I went thru the carbs I set hi at 1+1/4 and the lows at 3/4.Bein sporadical it would seem to be a delivery issue...I blew thru the vent line to confirm no blockage....I have fresh fuel... Any other suggestions??

From what i read ur stock carbs are set wrong the correct setthing is.

SP/SPi/GTS/GTX - Low Speed – 1 1/4 +/- 1/4
    High Speed – 0

hey all ...sorry that was a typo...hi's are at 3/4 and lows are at 1+1/4.....am I to understand that his are to be seated?? my problem doesnt seem to be in the mains though.....idk...I am stumped for the moment....

let me ask yall..the BOOK shows a filter/screen at the bottom of the fuel baffle/sender in the tank.....is this something that youve seen become a problem?? it looks like a lot of doin to pull this tank full of gas to check if isnt gonna be the problem....I wanna ride today ..... might this thing be my mystery???

Well I have now reset carbs to hi 0 and lows at 1+1/4.I changed out waterbox and installed another impellerand pumpshaft/bearing.When I first ran it ,itseemed perfect,however after maybe 5 minutes,again with the bog when cornering.I am not sure how to describe itdont know if it is a bog or ahesitation or cuts out..idk.Its like the motor loads up.Slight turns are fine but cut it hard and it just dogs until you straighten out the bars then it picks right back up.The slower you are going the worse it seems.Please anyone with even a long shot hypothesis respond ..I am stumped......it also has new wearring.

Well here's a long shot thought...you say it only happens when going slow and when in hard cornering. Is it possible your choke cable isn't set properly? Maybe when cornering hard your choke cable is being pulled closing up the butterflies just enough to load up the engine. That is if your choke cable is even located on the handle bar lol. One other thought is that possible...if your machine has one...the fuel separator has water in it or the tank has some rolling around in the bottom?
    Last edited by Schwarzenegger; 06-02-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information