+1

xcharger vs greenwheel performance

as i understand it, the greenwheel gives about 1psi more than the xcharger, but the the xcharger is larger and pushes more cfm.

in cars, this bigger but less psi turbo is a laggy turbo that kicks in and smokes the tires about 80mph and starts pulling like a mofo (i have an old supra).

since the 4tec is a supercharger then lag is not an issue..spool is instant..so you get stronger pull than a smaller wheel even tho' the smaller wheel operates at higher psi.

hence the advantage of the x sc over the green. Which is also why is costs more than twice the green.

Am i right? I am trying to judge cost /benefit of x vs the green for my $ and fun factor.

thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    as i understand it, the greenwheel gives about 1psi more than the xcharger, but the the xcharger is larger and pushes more cfm.

in cars, this bigger but less psi turbo is a laggy turbo that kicks in and smokes the tires about 80mph and starts pulling like a mofo (i have an old supra).

since the 4tec is a supercharger then lag is not an issue..spool is instant..so you get stronger pull than a smaller wheel even tho' the smaller wheel operates at higher psi.

hence the advantage of the x sc over the green. Which is also why is costs more than twice the green.

Am i right? I am trying to judge cost /benefit of x vs the green for my $ and fun factor.

thanks guys.

The X-supercharger gives out about 1psi more than the green wheel does plus it moves more air.

I have the green wheel and am thinking about going to the X-SC. The stage 3 SC is a step above the greenwheel and the X-SC is a step above the stage 3.

The X-SC is a great deal, but the greenwheel is also. Just really comes down to how much money your willing to spend.

The X-SC is going to out perform the greenwheel.

SC on water, TT on land
    if you just want to pick up some extra acceleration without having to mess with fuel components (assuming you stay on the stock intercooler) then the greenwheel (or riva gen II, same thing) is the way to go. I raced a friend's stock RXT last weekend, just cause he wanted to see the performance gains in the mods i have (in my sig) and the acceleration was significant over the stock RXT and probably enough to beat a stock RXP-X. I probably spent about 1 grand for everything in my sig (i bought a couple of used parts) so my bang for my buck was huge.

If you don't mind spending the extra do, the X charger will give you more power than the greenwheel will, however, you will at least need to get a RRFPR because the stock ECU/fuel will not be able to handle the X charger. Thats about $1500 right there. Then if you want to be on the same level as the X models, add an external intercooler (which could cost anywhere between 400-1200 depending on what you get, new or used).

My goal for next season is the X-SC, RRFPR, and external IC. In my opinion, this is the best set up to use in a RXP/T 215 for the money if your not on a tight budget, plus power filter, intake grate, and 15/20r prop. The only PWC's that will be quicker than you with this set up are those who have invested a lot of money into their PWC.

+1
    I will not say a STG III SCer is not as good as a X SCer yet. MY stg III SCer with just a XS IC, home made 4in intake and a 15-20r is just flat out awesome.

I have rode a RXP-X with a Riva air and 15-22R and my set up is faster up top and the same in the holeshot.

For the money the STG III is just awesome aswell.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Only thing I had to compare mine to was the stocker. I need somebody like Dark_Viper to run around with and do some comparing. But as it sits, Im pretty happy with what the X did for mine. I still need RE's and to put some more hours on my ski yet.

Thread Information