Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dual fuel pressure regulator setup for high hp skis

Did a lot of research to solve my fueling problem after adding the Rude sc'r. I have a Rotax stage 3 with ported head, cam, rear air, thru hull, waterbox mod, etc. and now the Rude sc'r. Too much horsepower for a 1/1 regulator to be good up top and ok at idle and midrange. This is what I came up with. Thanks to the forum members that answered my many questions. Special thanks to Malvin @ Turbo Tec for hooking me up with the parts and fuel lines I needed. Malvins customer service gets my highest rating, just like Jerrys. I rarely ever make that statement! This would be an alternative to a fuel management system like the Ignipower or Rude fuel controller. It may not be as good as a dedicated fuel management system, but is easy to tune for weather changes, future mods, etc. and is less expensive.

Attached is my setup with the test log. Still going to try to get the fuel curve a bit flatter by playing around with the regulators. Not bad though for the first tuning session with the kit. The kit is available in the online store now. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=885

Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 05-25-2008 at 11:09 AM.

+1
    Looks like the ticket to me, and being adj. rate of rise, would be real good for really high-boost set-ups

thanks mark, by the way same set up is available for the 2008 X series skis, in case some one need it at the on line store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
    Did a lot of research to solve my fueling problem after adding the Rude sc'r. I have a Rotax stage 3 with ported head, cam, rear air, thru hull, waterbox mod, etc. and now the Rude sc'r. Too much horsepower for a 1/1 regulator to be good up top and ok at idle and midrange. This is what I came up with. Thanks to the forum members that answered my many questions. Special thanks to Malvin @ Turbo Tec for hooking me up with the parts and fuel lines I needed. Malvins customer service gets my highest rating, just like Jerrys. I rarely ever make that statement! This would be an alternative to a fuel management system like the Ignipower or Rude fuel controller. It may not be as good as a dedicated fuel management system, but is easy to tune for weather changes, future mods, etc. and is less expensive.

Attached is my setup with the test log. Still going to try to get the fuel curve a bit flatter by playing around with the regulators. Not bad though for the first tuning session with the kit. The kit is available in the online store now. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=885

Mark

+1
    nice work!

guys Mark sent me his 1;1 rrfpr without me even paying for it yet. And fuel chart was very informative for making wise decisions about my setup options.

Mark i will send you the money order tuesday when i get back to work. Thanks again very very much.

++1 for the transaction AND the research!

looks great mark hope to see you on the river soon. +1 on malvins great service, he is great to deal with.

+1

begi

malvin is an example of customer service!!!!!
    he goes out of his way to help customers. he takes pride in what he does and does not take any short cuts and it shows. just look at his products. "top notch."

+1
    Thats awesome Mark!! You always come up with some great info.

really cool malvin

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoor View Post
    really cool malvin

Finally got the ski tuned. Busy at work and the weather has not been good for testing. I put a spring in the Begi regulator that controls the onset of boost control over fuel pressure. With the spring you can control when the Begi starts to come in and have authority over the Trubosmart 1/1 regulator. This let me add more fuel in the midrange. I'm very happy with this setup and the Rude supercharger. Idles perfect and no smoke out the exhaust. Gets the same fuel economy when cruising (6 mpg) as the Rotax sc'r with 42's and the stock regulator. I think I did a pretty good job here with a new setup, considering I knew nothing about fuel pressure, injectors, duty cycle, air fuel ratio, etc. when I started this project. It would be interesting to see how the Riva ecu and 50's delivers fuel on a setup similar to mine. If the Riva ecu is boost sensitive, it may be easier to tune with the addition of a 1/1 rrfpr. A fuel controller would also work good if we could alter the program ourselves to get proper afr. I am assuming with a fuel cotroller it would need to be sent back and forth a couple of times to get the setup right.

Check out the fuel pressure curve! 27 psi at idle and 67 psi at 8500 rpms. That's a 40 psi increase in fuel pressure over the range.

Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information