Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Polaris SL650 Stator search

I have a '94 Polaris SL650 ski that I have invested nearly my last dollar into.....I have had it in 3 shops and finally found a guy that has found several issues with my ski.....First and foremost, there was a huge water leak into the engine which required the manifold to be ground down with new gaskets.....This was repaired only to find out that the stator was now intermittently working and/or completely dead.....The mechanic tells me it isn't worth putting in a new stator at the new price.....After all I've invested so far in this it seems foolish to let it go....Does anyone have a decent used stator out there that would keep my ski running for the next few years? I realize parts are going to become much harder to find for this boat, but when it has run, this ski has been great for my family. If someone has this stator, could you email me with a fair price. Thanks and have a great day. The stator would be the original that came with the ski. I don't have the part number, but can get it while it's still in the shop. Trying to get this working by mid next month for our annual vacation if possible.

Blake
    [email protected]

ebay will be your friend! just double check with us before u buy to confirm usage! also the stator is easy to ohm out! was this done? Welcome to the site! Z

I've got an extra one in excellent shape. PM me for a decent price.

Shane

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

If you haven't already, download the 1992-1998 Service Manual.

Lots of helpful information in there, including the stator check procedure.

What state is the engine in right now?

What other problems were found/fixed?

There is a sequence to tightening the cylinder bases to the crankcase. The exhaust manifold needs to be tightened to the cylinders, to hold them in perfect alignment, before the cylinder base is fully torqued down.

Unhappy State of the Ski

Right now the mechanic I have working on it is looking for a good used stator to put in it. Thanks to Shane I may have one at a great price. The ski was repaired for a huge water leak and that has been repaired. If we could get the spark we would have a working ski. Thus the stator. He is a certified mechanic and followed the manual which brought it all down to the stator.....I bought the thing for $1200 two years ago and have spent that easily to this point to keep it running. The current fix would have cost me $500, but my mechanic being the great guy he is would only charge me the gasket and 1 hour of service if he can't fix it. When he called me to say it was the stator, he said the new part alone would be $500 before service, taking the total bill over what I originally paid for it.

I've had little luck with people fixing it to this point. Polaris in Canada told me they could fix it only to leave it sit in their parking lot for over a week and then tell me they weren't even going to touch it. The last guy I took it to left it to rot in his garage for 2 months and didn't do a thing to it either. This new guy I found fixed the water leak I had, but the amount of water that was getting into the engine ultimately did it's damage. So that is where the ski is right now. Not leaking and not running.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundralzzz View Post
    ... Polaris in Canada told me they could fix it...
    Canada!
    Where in Canada are you located?

Update your profile (click Profile in the header bar, left side), so we can keep track of what Polaris model you have, and where you're located.

What do you mean Polaris Canada was going to fix it?
    At the corporate offices?

650 stator

I have an excellent used stator for $150.00. Contact me direct at [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Randy

Search continues

If Shane can't find his stator then I will contact you quickly. Every dollar I can save from this point on makes a better vacation later. Thanks for the feedback.

Smile Stator

I don't live in Canada, I vacation there for 3 weeks every year. They just happened to have a Polaris dealership about a half hour from where we get a cabin. I live in Michigan, which is now in my profile.

Bummer dude I could not find it...sorry to get your hopes up. I tore the house apart and no dice...I just don't remember selling it .

Watcon or Zigler I guess both have. As my wife says when she's ticked RATS! (honestly I have never heard her curse ever).

Shane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information