+1

Took my 06 RXT out for the first time...

I'm in eastern WI and the air temp was finally in the 70's. The wind was insane. These were the biggest waves that Ive been on since I started skiing, so I navigated to the river where it was flat calm. My RXT which is all stock except for the metal washers ran excellent...68 at 8150. Anyway it's a huge upgrade from my 951 gtx. My outing went very good until I got to the boat launch. The felt runners/ guides on my trailer werent anchored, so they floated up when I back in the water and one of them flipped over. I trailered my jet ski and pulled away. When I stopped to get everything situated, I noticed my ski wasn't sitting right so I looked underneath down by the guides and saw that one was flipped over and my hull was on metal! I gouged the outer layer down to the fiberglass. What is the best way to repair this?

Thanks

Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00434.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	564.6 KB 
ID:	74619  

Banned User
    Man that sux... Take it to a boat/fiberglass guy that has exerience with gel-coat and they fix you up for a decent price. It's not alot of work for a skilled painter with tools
    Ask around here, someone may recommend one close..

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ajrunke View Post
    I'm in eastern WI and the air temp was finally in the 70's. The wind was insane. These were the biggest waves that Ive been on since I started skiing, so I navigated to the river where it was flat calm. My RXT which is all stock except for the metal washers ran excellent...68 at 8150. Anyway it's a huge upgrade from my 951 gtx. My outing went very good until I got to the boat launch. The felt runners/ guides on my trailer werent anchored, so they floated up when I back in the water and one of them flipped over. I trailered my jet ski and pulled away. When I stopped to get everything situated, I noticed my ski wasn't sitting right so I looked underneath down by the guides and saw that one was flipped over and my hull was on metal! I gouged the outer layer down to the fiberglass. What is the best way to repair this?

Thanks

Andrew
    funny thing !! let me guess it was a Triton Trailer !! u're not the first or the last . your damage is nothing al it needs is a littel black jelcoat

if you take it somewhere the good new is they will have to buy a quart anyway so the materials really won't kill the pocket. But llabor is another issue.

+1
    Well, It's not a triton - its newmans sled bed. I used to have a chilton which was smaller, but I didnt have the issue with the guides. Is this damage something I need to worry about this summer, or can I wait until the fall?

Thanks!

+1
    OUCH, sorry to see that man, take it to a pro it's worth a few bucks to get it repaired correctly, and you don't want that beast to start delaminating, this has happened to some RXP's... you can run a search here on the forum and see the pics. Best wishes for your success...

+1
    I'm not getting how your trailer did that....unless you totally hit it wrong.......

I had some damage like that on my last ski.....put some right stuff on and it was fine(till i got around to fixing it)
    Last edited by Kaybat; 05-25-2008 at 11:12 PM.

+1
    Its fairly easy to do. I must have backed my trailer in too far and the guides were floating horizontally on the water surface, then when I drove, yes drove (nothing has got sucked through the impeller because I am in deeper than 3 ft of water) my craft onto the trailer, the craft pushes water as it moves, causing the guide to flip. I'm just suprised that this was all the damage because I cranked the ski up the rest of the way, then pulled out of the water.

For the future, I'm going to take 15 minutes and secure the guides so they stay in one place.

+1
    Gotta say bro, I'm not feelin' you on the whole guide-flipping thing...
    what the heck are you talking about, I have never seen a trailer do that...
    I don't that happening on my Shorelander...

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!! SuperCharged/IC's Avatar
    +1
    My bunks are tighter than a nun's............, they could never do something like that. Sorry for you but it looks like poor preparation on your part.

Thread Information