Thread: REs rxp vs rxt

+1

REs rxp vs rxt

I put on my RE block offs today on the X and i couldnt help but notice how they fit on the rxpx compared to the rxt. The RXP BOs seemed to mount flush all the way around where as the rxt BOs seemed to not mount flush but inset about an 1/8th inch... ( i should have grabbed a pic) One thing for sure is that there was clearly a difference between the two skis...

Is this normal? acceptable? what do you guys think?

my BO's are flush on the T

+1
    i've read where those things are sometimes a little off.....do a search, i recall some people shimming them,ect....i'm waiting for a pair myself...hope their close

the left BO had to be redrilled. It was about as close as the patriots were to winning the superbowl.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    the left BO had to be redrilled. It was about as close as the patriots were to winning the superbowl.
    OUCh!!! thats still a sore subject man...lol

+1
    I had to re drill a few holes (rim out to fit bolts) on one side only to mount correctly.
    RE's on T-X

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I had to re drill a few holes (rim out to fit bolts) on one side only to mount correctly.
    RE's on T-X
    It was probably the left side (non throttle side).

the right side went on perfectly. it was 85 degrees and all i was thinking was in 2 hours i will be on the water trying these things out. then came the left side. for some reason i siliconed it in place with two bolts,went in ate lunch, gathered up my riding stuff then went back to put the other two bolts in. no dice they were a mile off.
    drilled the one out after calling RE every name in the book. i was so freaking pissed after spending the cash and waiting so long, kinda like the pirahna ic and gibson.
    i wonder if the ski RE took the template from was f'ed up or the machinist has a lazy left eye. No offense to anyone with a lazy eye.

+1

REs performance

Bruinsrme,

So how do the REs perform on your T-X?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Bruinsrme,

So how do the REs perform on your T-X?

Phil
    Phil
    I sense you are very skeptical about the opas removal. nobody was more skeptical than me, trust me on that.

well with the block offs the ski is a different beast, in a good way. the surging i was feeling thru chop as the fins made contact with the water is gone. turning at speeds is very predictable now as before the opas seem to catch the watch and it felt like a sudden pull. steering feels so much lighter as you are no longer fighting the forces pushing or pulling on the opas fins. i noticed at higher speeds the rxt would almost rock,watching another rxt it was the fins clipping the slightest chop.

i love the way the ski feels now. the only thing is the slow speed manuevering. but that only takes a little getting used to.

i have tried blocking the fins up as well. that helps but at slow speeds it is like the fins arent there anyway.

its a tough call but i am sure once you remove opas you wont regret it.

scott

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Phil
    I sense you are very skeptical about the opas removal. nobody was more skeptical than me, trust me on that.

well with the block offs the ski is a different beast, in a good way. the surging i was feeling thru chop as the fins made contact with the water is gone. turning at speeds is very predictable now as before the opas seem to catch the watch and it felt like a sudden pull. steering feels so much lighter as you are no longer fighting the forces pushing or pulling on the opas fins. i noticed at higher speeds the rxt would almost rock,watching another rxt it was the fins clipping the slightest chop.

i love the way the ski feels now. the only thing is the slow speed manuevering. but that only takes a little getting used to.

i have tried blocking the fins up as well. that helps but at slow speeds it is like the fins arent there anyway.

its a tough call but i am sure once you remove opas you wont regret it.

scott
    I like to feeling too!

Left side of the RE's seen to be off on a lot of installs.. including mine! No biggie, widen the holes a little bit and put some Permatex Right Stuff on them (don't be shy using it, use a lot!) and you are good to go!

Thread Information