Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Dealt with my first in-"duh"-vidual at a boat launch

We had our first run in with an in-"duh"-vidual at the boat launch today. I knew it was going to be busy and to be patient and that we're new to ski's and boating, but I asked others there my first time out and it's simple, "one in, one out."

We were in line out on the water to come in. I was going to swap my daughter for my son. We came in on our turn and I was on the rh side of the big center ramp when all of a sudden some yahoo comes backing his trailer down almost hitting me. My wife and I are yeling for him to stop but he had his windows up. He finally gets out of his truck and then starts yelling at us. I told him to stay put until I was done. He proceeded to cuss me out and said he was backing up anyway and almost hit me and my ski.

I left with my son and my wife told him if he moves while we're backing up she'd call 911. Needless to say I found the first police boat, our county Sheriff, I could find up by the one of the road bridges. He radioed it in and said he'd handle it. My son and I were out another 20-30 min then we came back in. My wife said the moron who almost hit us pulled his boat in and then took off, not even bothering to stop at the top and secure it.

I didn't get a plate but he was in a comercial vehicle and I got a good look what company was plastered over it. I haven't decided if I want to file a full police report, but I am debating contacting the D&R and having him banned from the launch.

Do you ever have to deal with selfish idiots like this?

Ramps seem to be idiot magnets I pulled in today and saw 2 skis a ultra 150 and a doo xp with 2 on each ski or shall I say trying to get on. The ultra rider gets up then goes blasting out of the no wake zone rite past the fish police Few minutes later the police bring him back in cuffs. Meanwhile the 2 kids on the doo finally get on and it wont start. They had rolled it over multiple times, the seat had come off and it had 6 in of water in it. I had to take pity on them they were stuck 50 ft off shore so I rounded them up with my boat and got them to the dock. I came back to help them after I got loaded and cleared the ramp. They had manage to get enough water in the motor that the plugs were wet fouled literaly. Got it cleared out and, going hope they made it back to their friends. The fish cops were even getting a laugh, one of them had just stopped me yesterday on my ultra. I figured I needed some good karma.

Doug and I watched a pontoon boat being launched at a small ramp, the retards pushed it off the trailer and sideways across ramp, when the husband went to pull out the trailer he cuaght the pontoon and almost flipped the boat right there in front of us... This is why I don`t ride on holiday`s, to many freaking retards...

shortly after that, some jackass starts his ski with the bow against the bulkhead and the nozzle facing Doug`s son,,, You bet we gave him sh-t for doing that...

+1
    We had a guy a few years ago make the paper with this one, and i witnessed half of it...

He backed half way down the ramp and stopped... unhooked his trailer from his car and pulled the car along side the boat to jump start the boat... yup dead battery. once the boat was started and he was out of it, he went to hook up again and must have bumped the trailer... boat and trailer took off down the ramp and even though it was a wide ramp.. the boat veered off and landed on the concrete pad for the launch dock... where it stalled out. He lost a huge chunk of glass in the rear quarter... luckily no one was on the dock, but the dude did get an earful from everyone in the area.. STUpid is, is stupid does...lol

When i saw the boat was hung up on the concrete and the owner was waiting for a large forklift (from the marina) to come get him out of his mess..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB35 View Post
    We were in line out on the water to come in. I was going to swap my daughter for my son. We came in on our turn and I was on the rh side of the big center ramp when all of a sudden some yahoo comes backing his trailer down almost hitting me. My wife and I are yeling for him to stop but he had his windows up. He finally gets out of his truck and then starts yelling at us. I told him to stay put until I was done. He proceeded to cuss me out and said he was backing up anyway and almost hit me and my ski.
    where you trying to use the ramp as a dock to swap out riders?

if thats the case thats not the appropriate place to be doing that.
    Last edited by stingray152003; 05-26-2008 at 07:57 AM.

I installed ceramic tile in my Bathroom so I only had to deal with 1 idiot

Those Holiday weekends bring out the cream of the crop! , normal days at the ramp are bad enough .
    As far as filing a report? I doubt it's worth a your word against his pissing match ?

Belleville Lake isn't the best lake to go jetskiing on the weekend. Way to many morons that don't know how to drive a boat or jetski on that lake especially on the weekend. Oh and if you keep having trouble with that ramp then try the ramp off of Roosenville road. Small ramp but not to many people use it.

+1
    my favorite boat launch incident....

watch Ken griffey Jr dump his new (no plate yet) suburan into the water! he left it in reverse when he got out and it rolled into the water all the way in! it was awesome

+1
    I saw something like this twice I go down to the Marina in Oceanside it has three ramps wide enough for two vehicles each. the end one has the Harbor patrol as well a crowd over there. you can see the boat when I walked up I could see the new Silverado and completely submerged another time I was at Lake elsinore their launch ramps are like snot you need 4 wheel drive here. anyways this guy has a duelly but has gone with single wide tire in the rear and lowered look. he backs down to launch and the boat just starts dragging him in. He nails it and proceeds to move faster into the water. Pulled him completely under too. Launch Ramps are some cheap entertainment that's for sure.

The ramp is broken up into three sections by two docks. I was using a dock and was in line just like everyone else. People come in there all the time to unload for a bathroom break. IE let someone off then back up and get back in line to pick them up.

There are no other places at the launch to load people unless you want someone to scale a 5 foot sea wall and I think that's a tad much for a 8 year old. Belleville Lake needs a more dock public dock space. Currently the city is adding 150ft to their dock.

The in-"duh"-vidual speant more time yelling at me then what it took to trade out my kids.

I plan on going to Rawsonville next weekend. I will be filling a report with the D&R and will see what they do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    where you trying to use the ramp as a dock to swap out riders?

if thats the case thats not the appropriate place to be doing that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information