Crash_Master

I have a problem..... just not sure what

Hi, I am new to this site. I have a problem with my '03 1300R, it starts fine, seems to idle well, it will go with light throttle until it reaches 8/9 mph then stops moving. when it stops moving it makes a funny sound and starts vibrating badly and seems to get hot. Im not really sure how to describe the sound, its not a grinding sound though. I looked things over and don't see anything caught in the pump or anything. The only thing I noticed at all was a loose bolt on the ride plate. If anyone has had this problem or has any insight into what may be wrong or how to fix it I would appreciate it greatly as I really don't have a lot of extra $ to pay insanely high shop rates to figure it out.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the forum, Check to make sure your intake is clear if that is fine get a light and look at the impeller make sure there is nothing between the impeller and housing, Like a plastic bag or a piece of wood that will cause that and it will over heat because it's not pushing enough water. It's best to look at the impeller from the intake side.

Ya have sumthin in the grate or lodged in the prop. No biggee just get it out and let it rip!

Hi,

I'm new the the site as well. Just like Crash Master, I'm having the same problem wherein, it beeps and shuts down. It starts fine, idles, and will go for a few minutes then it will shut down.

I'll check the intake grate when I get home tonight. I'm thinking maybe a small debris went inside the intake and clogged the hose (maybe), if so, how do you flush it out? Any other thing should I check out before I bring it to the repair shop.

Crash Master, are you able to fix your ski, was it clogged in the intake grate?

-------------------
    The toys:
    04 GP1300R stock
    01 Ultra150
    Ventana Marble Peak FS
    Mojo SL
    Look181 wRecord

[quote=Sinielito;656223]Hi,

I'll check the intake grate when I get home tonight.

=================================================

I just went home for lunch to check the the intake and pump and both
    are clear of any debris... other ideas? thx in advance.

regards,
    Sinielito

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinielito View Post
    Hi,

I'm new the the site as well. Just like Crash Master, I'm having the same problem wherein, it beeps and shuts down. It starts fine, idles, and will go for a few minutes then it will shut down.

I'll check the intake grate when I get home tonight. I'm thinking maybe a small debris went inside the intake and clogged the hose (maybe), if so, how do you flush it out? Any other thing should I check out before I bring it to the repair shop.

Crash Master, are you able to fix your ski, was it clogged in the intake grate?

-------------------
    The toys:
    04 GP1300R stock
    01 Ultra150
    Ventana Marble Peak FS
    Mojo SL
    Look181 wRecord
    When it beeps look at the display and see what is showing.

Actually it didn't beep. It just turns off and the screen goes out. I just confirm it with my son who rode it when it went down. He was able to play with it for a few minutes then it goes out. Sometimes it goes for up to 8-10 minutes and sometimes right after the throttle is pressed harder it goes out.

+1
    Actually it didn't beep. It just turns off and the screen goes out. I just confirm it with my son who rode it when it went down. He was able to play with it for a few minutes then it goes out. Sometimes it goes for up to 8-10 minutes and sometimes right after the throttle is pressed harder it goes out.

That sounds like a bad ground to me. Check your batt terminals and your ground to the motor.

+1

You may have a seized (squeeked) piston.The reason why I say that is because the very same thing happened to me.When I was out riding it was just fine and then all of the sudden it just died on me.Then I waited a few minutes and it would start up fine idle fine and when I went to go ride it took about 10-15 sec. and then it died again.Check to see if you see any oil around the carb area in the hull and under the carbs to see if you see an oil line disconnected.this may be the problem.Call me if U want I'll send U me # on your PM.

Well I checked for oil leakage and found no leakage (as far as what's viewable without removing anything out).
    I checked the ground battery cable and it was a bit loose, hopefully that's culprit.

I'll try to take it out this weekend to see if that solves it...we'll see.

Thanks to Duke and Enforcer.

Crash_Master ... hope you get yours figured out too..

Thread Information