05-26-2008, 09:30 AM #1
?? How to intercooler / turbo / air intake ??
Hi guys, i would like to do some questions that i haven't found in the forum search page.
I love to build and trasform my rxp by myself ,learning a lot. According to me this is very beatiful and there is a lot of passion...
Here the questions......
1) Is it possible to build an external intercooler by our self in an rxp? Are there any plan about building or graphics with measure? What kind of material.
(is it inside a box empty?)
2) Is it possible to put a turbo in a supercharged rxp? What are the benefits? Do you have some photos or graphics? Which kind of turbo we can put there? (examble of some auto's)
3) I ha read that a rear air intake can increase 200 rpm...but if we had a stock ECU how is it possible to increase rpms if there is the electronic limiter?
3) Where can i find some guides of the rxp engine with photos and description of pieces and also how to build something in an rxp?
My best regards for this site and people who replies and create a big international community.
I say to everybody TNX
05-26-2008, 09:49 AM #2
05-26-2008, 10:45 AM #3
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Gonzales, La
05-26-2008, 10:46 AM #4
Hi, firstly tnx for yor answers and than....
1)i don't understand "tweek"....Sorry for my bad english.
2) About Intercooler according to me to do by myself is sure cheaper and gives more love...It isn't only a box of alluminium empty inside with two kanaflex? about 100$ instead of 500$.... Why is there such a difference? I don't know the miseaures of it.....anyone who has it can give me these?
05-26-2008, 11:35 AM #5
05-26-2008, 11:59 AM #6
Tweeking is bending the trailing edge of your impellor to get the optimal RPMs out of your prop/engine..Here is a link to tweeking/pitching your impellor...
05-27-2008, 03:03 AM #7
Hi tnx for everybody about your answer.
Is there any guide about how to change an impeller with descriptions and photos?
Another question, if i put an external intercooler i need to change ecu or injectors?
Tnx very much
05-27-2008, 03:06 AM #8
05-27-2008, 07:44 AM #9
05-27-2008, 08:07 AM #10
an intercooler is not just a hollow aluminum box. Inside is a core w/ passage ways. The passage ways carry water which "cool" the air. The air passes through the core exactly like a radiator on a car. Except an intercooler is doing the opposite, cooling the air not the water.
As for having a sc and turbo I don't believe there would be any advantage to that and also is not very feasable. Usually the sc is eliminated via a block of plate which the return oil line from the turbo gets connected.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By jbombino in forum Sea Doo ClassifiedsReplies: 18Last Post: 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM
By tysonfzr in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 32Last Post: 12-23-2009, 12:54 PM
By damo.r in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2009, 06:59 PM
By hondarepoman in forum Honda PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 07-10-2009, 08:18 PM
By danieletrono in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 17Last Post: 04-11-2008, 12:51 PM