Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

?? How to intercooler / turbo / air intake ??

Hi guys, i would like to do some questions that i haven't found in the forum search page.
    I love to build and trasform my rxp by myself ,learning a lot. According to me this is very beatiful and there is a lot of passion...
    Here the questions......

1) Is it possible to build an external intercooler by our self in an rxp? Are there any plan about building or graphics with measure? What kind of material.
    (is it inside a box empty?)

2) Is it possible to put a turbo in a supercharged rxp? What are the benefits? Do you have some photos or graphics? Which kind of turbo we can put there? (examble of some auto's)

3) I ha read that a rear air intake can increase 200 rpm...but if we had a stock ECU how is it possible to increase rpms if there is the electronic limiter?

3) Where can i find some guides of the rxp engine with photos and description of pieces and also how to build something in an rxp?

My best regards for this site and people who replies and create a big international community.

I say to everybody TNX

D.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    Hi guys, i would like to do some questions that i haven't found in the forum search page.
    I love to build and trasform my rxp by myself ,learning a lot. According to me this is very beatiful and there is a lot of passion...
    Here the questions......

1) Is it possible to build an external intercooler by our self in an rxp? Are there any plan about building or graphics with measure? What kind of material.
    (is it inside a box empty?)

By the time you build it,test it,and get it to flow right it would probley be cheaper to just buy one..Just my opinion..

2) Is it possible to put a turbo in a supercharged rxp? What are the benefits? Do you have some photos or graphics? Which kind of turbo we can put there? (examble of some auto's)

Yes,many are running turbos right now as we speak...I dont know much about the logistics so the turbo guys would have to answer you on that...

3) I ha read that a rear air intake can increase 200 rpm...but if we had a stock ECU how is it possible to increase rpms if there is the electronic limiter?

You would have to tweek your prop to bring the RPMs back down to your comfort range.By increasing pitch you can move more water therefor you should gain more speed..

3) Where can i find some guides of the rxp engine with photos and description of pieces and also how to build something in an rxp?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

My best regards for this site and people who replies and create a big international community.

I say to everybody TNX

D.

+1
    ...2) Is it possible to put a turbo in a supercharged rxp? What are the benefits? Do you have some photos or graphics? Which kind of turbo we can put there? (examble of some auto's)
    I'm using a stock turbo off an '85 SVO Mustang. I'm finding that it works well up to about 12-13 psi. The '86-'87 Buick GN turbo is a better fit, but is harder to install due to non-standard hot-side flanges. Besides these budget options, Garrett offers some that will work very well, such as the GT28RS, GT3071R, etc...

Mike

TNX

Hi, firstly tnx for yor answers and than....

1)i don't understand "tweek"....Sorry for my bad english.

2) About Intercooler according to me to do by myself is sure cheaper and gives more love...It isn't only a box of alluminium empty inside with two kanaflex? about 100$ instead of 500$.... Why is there such a difference? I don't know the miseaures of it.....anyone who has it can give me these?
    TNX

2) About Intercooler according to me to do by myself is sure cheaper and gives more love...It isn't only a box of alluminium empty inside with two kanaflex? about 100$ instead of 500$.... Why is there such a difference? I don't know the miseaures of it.....anyone who has it can give me these?
    TNX
    Here's one, $150.
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...d779c5649ef362

+1

Tweeking is bending the trailing edge of your impellor to get the optimal RPMs out of your prop/engine..Here is a link to tweeking/pitching your impellor...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2614

-----

Hi tnx for everybody about your answer.

Is there any guide about how to change an impeller with descriptions and photos?

Another question, if i put an external intercooler i need to change ecu or injectors?

Tnx very much

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I'm using a stock turbo off an '85 SVO Mustang. I'm finding that it works well up to about 12-13 psi. The '86-'87 Buick GN turbo is a better fit, but is harder to install due to non-standard hot-side flanges. Besides these budget options, Garrett offers some that will work very well, such as the GT28RS, GT3071R, etc...

Mike

Hi do you have some photos and description? Are there any site about turbo's?
    Is possible to have supercharger and turbocharger?
    The first works with the in air and the second with the exit air?
    And about performance what are the benefits?

TNX

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post

Hi sorry but the right size of the ic for rxp is this one???
    TNX

an intercooler is not just a hollow aluminum box. Inside is a core w/ passage ways. The passage ways carry water which "cool" the air. The air passes through the core exactly like a radiator on a car. Except an intercooler is doing the opposite, cooling the air not the water.

As for having a sc and turbo I don't believe there would be any advantage to that and also is not very feasable. Usually the sc is eliminated via a block of plate which the return oil line from the turbo gets connected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information