Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best spark plugs for RXT?

I was wondering what are the best spark plugs to get,mine developed a low speed miss for some reason this year so im gonna throw some new plugs in it as they are still the stockers that came in it in 05..

Where is the best place to get them? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
    I was wondering what are the best spark plugs to get,mine developed a low speed miss for some reason this year so im gonna throw some new plugs in it as they are still the stockers that came in it in 05..

Iridium; Denso IXU27's you can get them most anywhere.

Denso IXU 27's
    Best price:
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsop=32&fsoo=2

Are those better than the stock plugs?

Just looked in he manual and mine calls for a NGK DCPR8E.. Whats the differance?

Just looked in he manual and mine calls for a NGK DCPR8E.. Whats the differance?
    They have a iridium element, no traditional spark gap. The are long lasting and heavy duty. The NGK's are fine stock plugs but the Denso's are better imho

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    They have a iridium element, no traditional spark gap. The are long lasting and heavy duty. The NGK's are fine stock plugs but the Denso's are better imho
    I run them both! At the modding stages and going through upgrades I use the stock plugs! I like to check the "color" of the plugs once in a while to see if I am running too rich or lean. Once I am "satisfied with the upgrades" then I will stick the IXU 27's in!

+1
    My Densos to a crap after 20 hours....Dont know why..Put the stockers back in this weekend and ski ran great....Couldnt tell any differance between the 2....Acceleration,power and RPMs were no differant....

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    My Densos to a crap after 20 hours....Dont know why..Put the stockers back in this weekend and ski ran great....Couldnt tell any differance between the 2....Acceleration,power and RPMs were no differant....

As with this thread, a lot of people get caught up in what the "best plug" is. Stock motor = stock plug is "best". You only need to deviate once a bunch of engine mods get done ---> mods that actually/significantly change air/fuel/demand for x-spark requirements.
    Cant go wrong with a manufacturer's suggested plug. Unless your motor (it's demands) is dramatically changed, a stock plug will do fine and you wont end up in left field with an out-of-range heat range and/or plug gap. In other words, you wont discover 10-20 more magical HP with a "better plug". Meanwhile, cheap copper conducts the best electricity. The fancy iridiums are simply supposed to last longer....like in a Cadillac (or similar) that it's owner couldn't care less about doing maintenance on. I've tried the fancy plugs plugs years ago in my turbo supra.....biggest waste of $80 on 6 plugs, haha.
    Go stock and change accordingly (or even sooner if ya want - it's so damn easy on a jetski anyway!).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information