Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Virage TXI almost done, need some help...

After a over two months of work, i almost have my project ski ready to start up, just have to find a place to dump the gas(full tank) and the Oil (also full) so i can replace with fresh.....A copule of items i will be needing help with. First, since its an injected ski, i need to retain the use of the oil pump. Whats the best method of priming the pump to ensure all the air is out? Also the manual says i can pre mix at 40:1 for the first tank. Should i do this? Also, are there seals on the fuel injectors? i cant seem to find any avaliable, makes me think they are intregal to the injector. I need to possibly aquire a water box and some small hoses that are M.I.A. Any thoughts? Judging by the resinators condition, an over heat or lack of water in the exhaust occured, so they (coupler hose) may have been tossed by the person who worked on the ski first, the water box is a a diffrent story.

One more thing, any way to verify that the TPS is functing correctly without a computer scan?
    Last edited by ryand; 05-28-2008 at 08:06 AM.

Anyone?

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    You could take the oil to autozone. How old is the gas?

edit: The reason I ask, if the gas isn't too old and nasty, I'd burn a little at a time in the car.
    Last edited by starflight; 05-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.

i still have not found anything on the oil pump bleed, the manual says its in the maint. section wiht the adjustmnet of the pump but its not. Any ideas? also what about the injectors, do they have a seal that is replaceable or is it part of the injector?

+1
    There should be a screw on the top of the oil pump. That is the bleed screw. All you need to do is crack that open, and keep an eye on the oil line to make sure all the air bubbles are out. You could premix the first tank just to be on the safe side too.

+1
    Ryand,Cleaned out the filter and lines.Ok you need to bled the lines all the way through to the end of fthem .Need to get the air out .Remove the line to the pump .Let the oil run out the end .Place it back where it came from .I generally use a drill with the mandrel for the pump on the end .I use the drill to pump the poil through all the lines .Do this with the lever pulled right up .Take the furtherest line off and bleed it through.Then work back till all lines are done .I generally put some oil in the first tank and some down the throttle bodies for good measure .Some say not to premix but if your taking it easy (new engine )you will be fine .Make sure trhe cable is put on properly and is not frayed .Pull the cable through both ways and inspect ,then put it on and advance it a bit .I usually put it a line thickness above so that the cable when it stretches sits right and it gives alittle more oil for safety

Cheers

Bernie

After a long process of set backs my ski is now almost ready to fire....Thanks to all of you who supplied me with information and parts to get to this point. I am now just waiting on my spark plugs to arrive and a couple of finishing items....one more bleed on the oil pump and we will be ready to light off. I did connect all the sensors and battery and the MFD seems to be operating correctly per the manual. All the warning lights for the fuel and oil are functional. Do all the MFD's have a compass? One thing that is a little aggervating is the hours on the ski are 234.....not "less than 100" as the dealer told me. I guess you cant expect a lot for $300.00.

So i am now at the point where things can get intresting so i will post some details in the next few days

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    ...Do all the MFD's have a compass?...
    I thought only the Genesis models had the MFI with the built-in Compass. Perhaps the Virage models with electric reverse had the compass too.

Does the MFI display also have an electric Reverse indicator position?
    Do you have electric Reverse (PERC)?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I thought only the Genesis models had the MFI with the built-in Compass. Perhaps the Virage models with electric reverse had the compass too.

Does the MFI display also have an electric Reverse indicator position?
    Do you have electric Reverse (PERC)?
    The virage txi with electric reverse also has a built in compass.

I guess i need to clear things up....As far as i know, my ski does not have the compass....I just saw it in the manual so i assumed that all skis with this style mfd had the feature and i was thinking i may have had a issue with my display.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information