Unhappy Help!! RXP has no spark...

I broke a motor mount and lost my pump seal and took water in the engine compartment. Water also got in the engine!! (salt water) I might of got the water out by cramking the motor with the plugs out. But now I have no spark....

Quote Originally Posted by GROOVY MAFIOSO View Post
    I broke a motor mount and lost my pump seal and took water in the engine compartment. Water also got in the engine!! (salt water) I might of got the water out by cramking the motor with the plugs out. But now I have no spark....
    You might want to try the Water Flooded Engine section in the Shop Manual... Ron

Thanks but I dont have one. Where can I get one.
    And what hell would cause it to not have a spark now? it did when I started to get the water out.

i had sort of the same problem . and i had no spark ,, i took it to the shop and when crazy looking for the problem .... came to the conclusion that it was the injector ??? i dont how does that works but .. it worked

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    have you been cranking it with the coils unplugged and did you hold the throttle wide open to use drowned mode in the ecu this prevents the coils sparking while cranking the engine.
    I know if you unplug a coil then plug it back in the ecu wont spark it again until you take the dess key off and put it back on. It may have disabled the coils for some reason and need to have buds hooked up to diagnose it.
    Also if there has been alot of water in the motor you need to rmove the intake manifold as the water sits in the bottom of the plenum and when you get it running every time you rev it the engine sucks in some water.

Is it cranking normally not faster? possible the cams not turning giving the ecu no cam angle signal?
    If you cant get to a buds dealer i would disconnect the battery fo a few minutes connect everything and try it I havnt seen one loose spark but if you crank it with the coils out and plugged in it could do damage as without a ground to jump to the high voltage has nowhere to go.

Yes i was cranking it without the plugs in it to push out the water. I noticed towards the earlier part of this that there was a spark.
    Im guessing there is no easy way to figure this out is there?

Thread Information