2nd time out F1 light

i went out yesterday for the second time this season, it was very choppy out there, so me and my friend went to a beach to take a break and shortly after we stopped, my buzzer started going off, so i check it out and the f1 light was blinking, so i bumped the key and it kept doing it

decide to head back in, start it up and still f1 light, and my boost gauge was reading 6psi at idle and like 14psi when i gave it some gas, it ran rough intermittenly only at low speed and the f1 light went away, and my boost gauge read normaly/correctly. also i could not bring up codes when i was washing it down.

had this problem last year at the end of the season and it wasent happening for the dealer so they couldent fix it.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    press set and mode for 3 seconds and tell us what code it displays.

This information is in the service manual, pick one up for good measure....they are cheap.

ok well i pressed mode and set for 3 seconds and there was nothing, no codes, started it up today and no problems at all

last year it threw a code and it displayed "bost" when i held the buttons down for 3 seconds

im gonna go out today and see what happens

k i went out for about 1 hour or so and no problems, although when i was comming back in i noticed my boost gauge was reading 3psi at idle and when i went full throttle it went all the way up to 15psi, when i came back to flush out the gauge was reading normal 0psi at idle, no FI light either

Your getting water or salt water in the electrical plugs. Your going to need to unplug items and fill with Dielectric grease then securly snap them back together.

Do this and report back to us.

Next we will be looking into the realief valve, but first we start in the electrical plugs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ULTRA250RR's Avatar
    I got the same code F1 , but i found out that the engine is mixing water and oil , and the dealer says that it mite be from the bad or damaged drive shaft seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Your getting water or salt water in the electrical plugs. Your going to need to unplug items and fill with Dielectric grease then securly snap them back together.

Do this and report back to us.

Next we will be looking into the realief valve, but first we start in the electrical plugs.
    ill give this a try, any specific electrical plugs or should i just do all the ones i can see and get to to rule that out or fix the problem

problem fixed

thanks skip, and all who gave their input

went out this weekend and today after i unplugged every electrical connection i could find and put some dielectric grease in them and so far no problems

Presto.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA250RR View Post
    I got the same code F1 , but i found out that the engine is mixing water and oil , and the dealer says that it mite be from the bad or damaged drive shaft seals.
    The seals must be really fooked.

Thread Information