Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Memorial Day weekend accident

We were out on the lake yesterday with a couple of buddies 2 boats and 2 skis and the guys on the boat were asking me if they can ride the ski. Well I really didn't want to let them but they starting BSing so I on allowed the two with boat licenses to take a ride. One of them went no problems came back. The other guy went, took forever, flying up and down not to far away from us. Then there was a boat about 50 feet from us just crusing by and you see the guy on my ski coming towards the wake of the boat probably going about 60, hits the wake, gets air, you could see the fear on his face. He let the ski go, hits the water ski flips in the water. Rips my hood compartment off and tears a hole in the seat. The kid was moving but today he's in a lot of pain and going to the doctor. His legs are swollen. He said he'll pay for the damages, which he should. So right now I have an 07 RXP thats in pretty bad shape. The hinges on the hood compartment are shot. The plastic under the hood compartment are broken. The rod that holds the hood compartment is broken. I think all the gauges work. I was really pissed so I didn't check everything last night when I got home. Also the seat has a hole in it. Do you think that there might be anything wrong internally with the engine. I haven't started it since and was towed back from where the accident happened. I have the valve on the intercooler to prevent the water from coming in when being towed.
    So, now I learned my lesson. Nobody rides the ski except me. If they want to ride it, its on the back with me.
    I'll post some pics later today and maybe someone can offer some advice on what should be replaced.

so did they guy try to jump the wake of the boat and was going too fast? hopefully you can get your ski fixed soon!!

+1
    Sorry to hear this. Hope everything works out for you!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr1200 View Post
    We were out on the lake yesterday with a couple of buddies 2 boats and 2 skis and the guys on the boat were asking me if they can ride the ski. Well I really didn't want to let them but they starting BSing so I on allowed the two with boat licenses to take a ride. One of them went no problems came back. The other guy went, took forever, flying up and down not to far away from us. Then there was a boat about 50 feet from us just crusing by and you see the guy on my ski coming towards the wake of the boat probably going about 60, hits the wake, gets air, you could see the fear on his face. He let the ski go, hits the water ski flips in the water. Rips my hood compartment off and tears a hole in the seat. The kid was moving but today he's in a lot of pain and going to the doctor. His legs are swollen. He said he'll pay for the damages, which he should. So right now I have an 07 RXP thats in pretty bad shape. The hinges on the hood compartment are shot. The plastic under the hood compartment are broken. The rod that holds the hood compartment is broken. I think all the gauges work. I was really pissed so I didn't check everything last night when I got home. Also the seat has a hole in it. Do you think that there might be anything wrong internally with the engine. I haven't started it since and was towed back from where the accident happened. I have the valve on the intercooler to prevent the water from coming in when being towed.
    So, now I learned my lesson. Nobody rides the ski except me. If they want to ride it, its on the back with me.
    I'll post some pics later today and maybe someone can offer some advice on what should be replaced.

I'd try to find someone with alot of knowledge on these things and make the time for them to look it over top to bottom in person. Photos will help online, but not as much as in person... and if that person is from a certified dealer get him to give you a quote, just in case you need to go after this guy...

+1
    Take some good pictures of the damage to your ski just in case you need to use them later. I had to use some pictures of the damage to my ski two Memorial day weekends ago. My ski got damaged pretty bad when some guy smashed into my ski trying to spray a girl who was riding mine. I had to use the pictures in court to get the guy to pay for my damages...$4,000. I won the case and now the low life who smashed into mine is paying me $100 a month for the next 40 or so months+(11% interest). My ski does not leave the garage on Memorial Day weekends enymore..

I would imagine your ski is fine engine wise...might be wise to have someone look it over who knows what they are doing....if it costs money charge evil kenivel who was riding your ski....

Banned User
    Good lesson, I don't let anyone ride my 80 MPH RXP unless they own a 80 MPH RXP.. I've seen the damage they can cause up close..Every ski rides different..Good example; RXP's are tough to ride superman in chop

Alex

Sorry to hear that man but I have seen first hand what letting peopl ride you stuff can doo. There are few that I will let ride but they have fast ski also and a respect for yours and their things. Also be careful about riding strangers. My log time family has a two very fast boats (STV) that wil run well over 100mph and while at the lake this guy wanted to ride. Well He took him out for a ride NOT FAST around 70mph no more. Well the guy tries to sue saying that while in the boat he hurt his back and cause some damage. So please be careful about riding strangers, people are very sue happy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gpr1200 View Post

This is why I do not let people ride my skis. They are too fast and the days of having a stand up that goes 30mph are pretty much gone, little harder to get hurt on. People see the skis and think it looks like fun, which it is, and they do not respect or know how to handle the power of the newer skis. I like to keep my stuff in the best condition I can so it is just easier not to let anyone tear up your doo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Good lesson, I don't let anyone ride my 80 MPH RXP unless they own a 80 MPH RXP.. I've seen the damage they can cause up close..Every ski rides different..Good example; RXP's are tough to ride superman in chop

Alex
    Yep!! Good Lesson. I only let people drive my ski IF I AM RIDING WITH THEM. That way I can control how they ride.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Yep!! Good Lesson. I only let people drive my ski IF I AM RIDING WITH THEM. That way I can control how they ride.
    +1

Glad the damage wasn't worse and it could have been a lot worse!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information