Thread: Lake Isabella

Lake Isabella

I went to Isabella maybe 10 years ago with a group of friends but I don't remember much about it. I'm hoping someone can help me. I remember leaving our campsite and driving to the launch ramp. By buddy then rode his skis across the lake and we drove the truck around. We ended up at a location where we were able to beach our skis and pull our truck right up to the beached area. Does anyone where that could've been??

OR, if any of you frequent Isabella, can you please give me some details as to the best place to camp with the family and where to lauch/beach at?

Thanks

+1
    It's been 6 years since I've been there. It is one of the most beautiful...and trecherous lakes, I've ever rode or raced on. It can be perfectly calm, and them WHAM, a violent wind storm of over 40mph winds can whip down through the Kern valley, like nobodies business. The Kern River is a popular kayak place, and the town of Kernville, has some of the coolest little BednBreakfast around. Mt.Mesa is a cool place too.

The "beach" area is near the dam.

Some pictures and stuff.
    http://www.hydrotoys.com/isabella.html

http://www.lakeisabella.net/

Aux-Dam rec area and Paradise cove were some sweet areas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 15fer View Post
    I went to Isabella maybe 10 years ago with a group of friends but I don't remember much about it. I'm hoping someone can help me. I remember leaving our campsite and driving to the launch ramp. By buddy then rode his skis across the lake and we drove the truck around. We ended up at a location where we were able to beach our skis and pull our truck right up to the beached area. Does anyone where that could've been??

OR, if any of you frequent Isabella, can you please give me some details as to the best place to camp with the family and where to lauch/beach at?

Thanks
    you might want to try using google aerial maps it might help your memory a little

Thread Information