Question supercharger washers re-torque?

I had both of my '04 RXP superchargers rebuilt by Jerry this last March and had metal washers put in. Only about 15 hours on the skis since the rebuild. Yesterday my ski lost 1600-1800 RPM maxxed out at 6400 rpm. I didn't get a chance to check whether the supercharger impeller was turning freely or not. If it is spinning, what is the procedure for re-torquing the clutch washer assembly? I'm hoping this is the problem. It just doesn't have anywhere near the power that my wife's RXP has and that's never good. If I'm off track here please let me know.

+1
    You cant re-torque the SC clutch/washer assembly to get your slip back..You might need to replace the spring washers..OR depending on how bad the slip is, you could just add a shim to get the slip back up...IF this is your issue..

re-torque

Thanks Snoman. That makes sense. If this is my problem I'll take the sc to dealer and have them install shims and reset slip. So if I'm hearing this right I cannot adjust slip without pulling sc. The only thing you can do with the sc on the engine is to check the slip moment. Is this right?

+1
    depending on the hours on the OE components you may just need a rebuild kit. the gear and washers wear and slip no matter how many shims you use, trust me i know this unfortunatly...once i scuffed the metall washers and added a new gear it was all good

jerry

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot1 View Post
    I had both of my '04 RXP superchargers rebuilt by Jerry this last March and had metal washers put in. Only about 15 hours on the skis since the rebuild. Yesterday my ski lost 1600-1800 RPM maxxed out at 6400 rpm. I didn't get a chance to check whether the supercharger impeller was turning freely or not. If it is spinning, what is the procedure for re-torquing the clutch washer assembly? I'm hoping this is the problem. It just doesn't have anywhere near the power that my wife's RXP has and that's never good. If I'm off track here please let me know.

Just send them back to Jerry and let him check them out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by barefoot1 View Post
    Thanks Snoman. That makes sense. If this is my problem I'll take the sc to dealer and have them install shims and reset slip.

I dont think the dealers will install shims..They will probley just do a spring washer swap..

So if I'm hearing this right I cannot adjust slip without pulling sc.

Correct.....

The only thing you can do with the sc on the engine is to check the slip moment. Is this right?

Yes..that is correct................
    If you can handle the down time ..send it back to Jerry..tell him what happened..Trust me he will find the problem..

Meeper...He only had 15 hours on it since the rebuild....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    If you can handle the down time ..send it back to Jerry..tell him what happened..Trust me he will find the problem..

Meeper...He only had 15 hours on it since the rebuild....
    to clarify, 15hrs total or 15hrs since rebuild

15 since total rebuild, ceramic bearing new metal washers etc.

Talking

OK thanks for all the info. This forum has helped me through a lot of stuff. If it is the sc unit it is going back to Jerry. Thanks guys.

Thread Information