Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

93 sl 750 _FUEL RESTRICTOR?

anyone know where to find a restrictor for a a 93 750 motor- i just put a triple outlet pump and need restrictor what do i use and where do i get it?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do a search on here.

There is info on how to make one, and where it is to be installed in the fuel return line.

THE INFO IS REALLY HELPFUL THANKS, my question now is what gets tapped into the splicer and how does it restrict fuel "it looks like just a screw in the splicer" is there a pin hole in it or something?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    THE INFO IS REALLY HELPFUL THANKS, my question now is what gets tapped into the splicer and how does it restrict fuel "it looks like just a screw in the splicer" is there a pin hole in it or something?
    It is not a screw, it is a Mikuni #90 main carburetor jet, threaded into the barb fitting.

The restrictor (either the Polaris OEM or Mikuni jet version) goes in the fuel return hose, typically close to the exit from the last carb.

Some carbs had the restrictor incorporated within the fuel return exit on the last carb in the chain. If you have one of those carbs, then you do not need another restrictor in the fuel return line.

is it obvious if it already has a restricter or not? maybe im just wishful thinking and there is another problem entirely?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Partsland.com isn't showing one for your year.

But you can look inside the return hose just past the last carb for it.

From Randy @ Watcon:
    Most Polaris watercraft can use a Mikuni main jet #90. That is merely a starting point, and will require further testing by the tuner. An average range is #60 - #100 Mikuni high speed jet. It can be installed anywhere between the carbs & the fuel tank.

sorry if i sound stupid this is my first pwc and im use to car not 2cycle engines. i guess im confused about the #60-#100 i really dont know what u r referring to. or even tuning. i thought that was just a splicer that had a screw in the other end inline in the return. this isnt in the service manual so im doing the best i can. i understand that the return line need a restricter but this # stuff has me a bit confused into what i have to do?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    ...this is my first pwc and I am used to car not 2-cycle engines.
    I guess I'm confused about the #60-#100 I really don't know what you are referring to. or even tuning.
    i thought that was just a splicer that had a screw in the other end inline in the return. this isn't in the service manual so im doing the best i can.
    i understand that the return line need a restricter but this # stuff has me a bit confused into what i have to do?
    If you cannot find the original Polaris in-line fuel restrictor (discarded with the old fuel line?), and you are sure you do not have a restrictor built into the MAG carb fuel return, then you can install one of these hose barb couplers, threaded for a Mikuni carburetor main jet. Put a #90 size Mikuni jet in there, and splice it into the fuel return hose near the carbs..

Connect a fuel pressure gauge before the restrictor, or even in the fuel supply side of the carb. At idle, you should have about 2 PSI. At wide open throttle on the water, should have 6 PSI.

If the fuel pressure you read is higher, then you need to change to a more open restrictor (Mikuni #100). If the fuel pressure is too low, change to a smaller jet size.

If you have the exact drill size, and don't want to buy Mikuni jets, you can fill the end of the hose barb with solder, then drill the correct size hole through it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information