Doo'n it on the Lake ... GTXDawg's Avatar

HELP! Unbolted SC does not budge ...

... removed all 3 bolts - checked w/ flashlight & mirror to be sure correct ones ... SC will not move! Seems to be "welded" to engine!

Back of SC that was hidden by the top hose was badly corroded - to the point that the red paint has lifted/is peeling off SC. Have tried WD-40 & penetrating fluid but no movement yet.

Tried gently prying between SC and space between engine. Afraid to crank on it just yet - don't want to break anything!

All ideas appreciated - am DYING to get rebuilt SC & new BOV put on my '03 SC.

HELP PLEASE!

did you try grabbing the outlet hole and try to gently turn the SC a little clockwise then counter clockwise and gentle wiggling it out?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    pry bar inside the outlet of the supercharger... try leverage to twist the SC housing and break it free... dont slide pry bar too far inside do u dont wreck the SC impeller

make sure you slobber anti-sieze on it next time u put the new one in

not a fun task taking those seized up SC housings out of the PTO covers

+1
    Maybe try a rubber hammer and taping it?

Quote Originally Posted by GTXDawg View Post
    ... removed all 3 bolts - checked w/ flashlight & mirror to be sure correct ones ... SC will not move! Seems to be "welded" to engine!

Back of SC that was hidden by the top hose was badly corroded - to the point that the red paint has lifted/is peeling off SC. Have tried WD-40 & penetrating fluid but no movement yet.

Tried gently prying between SC and space between engine. Afraid to crank on it just yet - don't want to break anything!

All ideas appreciated - am DYING to get rebuilt SC & new BOV put on my '03 SC.

HELP PLEASE!
    Spray some PBBlaster or Fluid Flim behind it to soften up the crud then move it clockwise/counterclockwise and spray some more. Then use the pry bar or large screw driver behind it and gently push it out.

+1
    i would throw some heat to the PTO cover and then just install new o-rings on the SC housing.

Thank-you Shibby - pry bar in SC outlet finally gave me some initial movement - not much but enough to start (1/4" up) then had to beat down w/ hammer and bar against upper lug on top of SC.

... back and forth - pry up/beat down - for last 1 1/2 hrs - to 1/2" movement each side of normal position (where bolts originally lined up). Spray shaft and repeat above. Then another hour of beat down/beat up - angling bar on upper & lower case lugs to push SC down/out then up/out, then repeat. More spraying.

... just finally can see 1st ring in shaft - and can finally move by hand now ... but probably still another hour to get it out!

... guess I won't be using this SC housing again - badly pitted/corroded anyway. Odd since no other corrosion on engine, just the back of the SC housing!!??

Thanks guys! Almost there - or so I hope !!!

The corrosion on the sc is due to the spray from the carbon seal.... my 04 red sc was badly corroded allthough mine came out rather easily. I sand blasted mine and had it powder coated... looks good as new!

SUCCESS!

SC finally out at 8:11pm CT! That damn "Y" out of the first water box/muffler is a real pain to get by tho - almost can't push it back far enough!

Many thanks guys! Don't know what I'd do w/o this team here. I don't even hang out at any other msg boards anymore!

Well - back to work - now the fun begins.
    Last edited by GTXDawg; 05-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.

+1
    Gratz man! There are no other message boards that come close to GH.

Thread Information