need help with polaris slh 700

i just got a 2000 slh 700, it ran good for about an hour, than it slowly started cutting out, than it would bog if you gave it full throttle.. you can idle for about 30 seconds than give it full throttle and it will start to come out of the hole than bog. it sounds like fuel pump but im new to the pwc world does it have a electric pump or diagraphm if it is diaprahm how hard is it to rebuild it... also should i go to premix if so whats the steeps

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

Download the 1992-1998 Service Manual, and the 2002 manual.

Your 2000 model year is right in the middle, and we don't have a year 2000 Service manual posted yet. Any carbureted Polaris PWC model with the two cylinder 700 (domestic red engine) will be similar, as far as diagnostics go.

Check cylinder compression, and search on here for the common checks and updates. Sounds like you need to check the fuel system, especially the carbs. They might need cleaning.

The fuel pump is a pulse type, powered by a hose from the crank case. The earlier Fuji engined models had issues with the original OEM fuel pumps, but I think your 700 fuel pump is not a likely source of trouble.

Have a look at the manuals, do some basic checks and tests. Post what you found here, and we can guide you forward.

+1
    Check your compression like stated above. If thats good, you most likely have a fuel delivery problem.

Your model should have the updated/ newer electrical system in it, so it's probably ok for the time being. Get the fuel system checked out first.

Those engines and newer electrical are pretty much bulletproof as long as they havent seen alot of water intrusion, or a bunch of hours.

Whatever info you need from a manual let me know and I can post something up.

Get a compression first tho, and then clean the carbs real well and inspect the fuel lines/filter etc...

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38870

go check out the '99 slh manual that appears to be posted on keyzbums page. the manual for the '99 would be the same.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineR6 View Post
    ...go check out the '99 slh manual that appears to be posted on keyzbums page...
    That would be the SLH parts manual, not the Service Manual.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    That would be the SLH parts manual, not the Service Manual.

Ooops.......well anywho, several of us have 2000 manuals. I'm pretty sure mine covers the slh.

Let us know if ya need any manual info.

thanks

thanks for the help, i pulled the carb took the fuel pump housing cleaned it, pulled the jets out i think the high side was stoped up, put it back together it seemed to run good gonna put it in the water tomorrow for the real test, thanks again

carbs been cleaned ? started the season out on new plugs ? is this in the water ? has the gas been properly treated when stored ?

Thread Information