2006 GTI Question

My wife bought us a 2006 GTI and I have been riding it for several weeks. Top end does not feel as fast as it did before. From the hole it feels fast but as you go up in RPM's it does not feels like it is as fast as it was before. It does not feel like cavitation except when doing a turn at high RPM's it bogs which I don't know if it's normal. The wear ring looks ok but then again I have not taken it out. The impellar does show some nicks. Can someone suggest what it could be or if its just that after riding the Doo for some time you get used to the speed and it just doesn't feel as fast.

Also does anyone know where I can go for upgrades?

+1
    You can get all the upgrades you want from Jerry (GreenHulk). http://www.4-tecperformance.com/ He even gives a discount on most parts just enter GreenHulk in the discount code area. How many RPM's are you turning? In the heat you will loose a couple hundred RPM's, but something like 7950 to 8050 would be normal in heat and humidity. But should never feel like it is bogging!

The highest I can get is 7850. I am taking it out again tomorrow and see how it feels. It really does not feel like cavitation since it never feels like it is loosing power as RPM's increase, it just does not feel as fast. When I frist got it I did not feel comfortable hitting WOT due to force, now I can do it with no problem and just don't feel the power I used to feel. It almost feels like it is off by 1.5K RPMs from what it originially felt like. Another fact is I was riding it on the river of the Chesapekeake bay and it was somewhat rough and windy the next time it was not as rough not sure if this will make the ride feel slower when you ride in water that is not as choppy. This is a whole new experiecne for me.

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!! SuperCharged/IC's Avatar
    +1
    Your just getting used to the ski. I don't think the normally aspirated 4-tecs pull as many RPMs as the intercooled SCs. Even my '03 GTX SC was rated at 7600.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    u have a wrecked prop or wear ring. your RPMs are way too high for that model. remove the pump and get a close look at thinks, or post pictures of your prop and wear ring if ur not sure.

if you want to boost that skis performance up, there's not much except getting rid of OPAS, wedge, air filter.... if u wanna see big gains, turn the ski into a 155+ hp normally aspirated motor with OEM parts.... difference between the GTI 130 and GTX 155 is the cam and ECU.

ski seems slower.

I am expeirence the same thing i have an 06 rxp and around 9 hours hit WOT and that thing felt like ripping my Fing arms off. Never really realized what what my max rpms were but it had to have been in the 8k's. Now im at 15 hours and for some reason doesn't feel like it has such speed and I'm toping out at 7600-7640rpms on WOT. what gives? at least its consistant at 7600.

Albert:

Wear ring, wear ring, wear ring!!

I looked and the wear ring does have some grooves. Do you know if the procedure for replacing the ring is the same as the one oulined here? Not sure if the 06 is the same as previous models. I also need to know which prop tool to use. I cannot find a manual for this model anywere.

Thread Information