Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone have an ECU for MSX 150?

After paying the local dealer over $700, I am still having an issue with my MSX 150 being restricted to 5800 rpm's, and a 'check engine' light.

I would like to try a known to be good ECU...before I borrow more money to throw at this problem!

If the dealer did nothing for you why did you pay? What dealership is this.....and the name is?

If it was me I would see Joe at Polaris of Gainsville. You are in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by 4stroker View Post
    If the dealer did nothing for you why did you pay? What dealership is this.....and the name is?

If it was me I would see Joe at Polaris of Gainsville. You are in Florida?
    Here is the thread were I began this little adventure:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58562

As for paying for the bill...he 'documented' the time spent, and the parts, so I had no choice. He will now say that I picked up the ski before they had finished, but they had gone as far as possible, without the benefit of doing a real world test run. I talked to the mechanic today, and he feels badly about my problem, and said that he will call Polaris once again. It remains to be seen if the owner allows him to do this, without me bringing it back and signing another work order.... Oh, yeah...the mechanic seems to think that my ETB is at fault.

If I knew for sure that the ECU was not the problem, then I would probably try the ETB. Since the ECU can be swapped in a matter of minutes, it would be easy to verify (or eliminate) that part from the equation! If someone has a for sure good ECU, I would promise to purchase it, if it clears the issue. At lot to ask, I'm sure...but every cent going into this fix is borrowed money, and I just can't afford to buy more parts than I need.

Tell me more about Joe? I am in Tallahassee, and even though I would consider taking this to Jay, Gainesville is about half the Eastern coast closer!

+1
    Hi,

You can dissasemble the Throttle Body and check it out - you should be able to see and defects if it has any.

+1
    Kosh ,I see that Watcon has WEBER ENGINE diagnostic set up for the 110/150 engine .Invest the $250 into that and learn yourself rather than pay someone else to learn .That would be what I would do anyway.
    Cheers

Bernie

There was I guy selling throttle bodies on ebay a couple of weeks ago, you might do a search and see if you can find them in complete listing.

Good luck.
    Tim

+1

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    Here is the thread were I began this little adventure:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58562

As for paying for the bill...he 'documented' the time spent, and the parts, so I had no choice. He will now say that I picked up the ski before they had finished, but they had gone as far as possible, without the benefit of doing a real world test run. I talked to the mechanic today, and he feels badly about my problem, and said that he will call Polaris once again. It remains to be seen if the owner allows him to do this, without me bringing it back and signing another work order.... Oh, yeah...the mechanic seems to think that my ETB is at fault.

If I knew for sure that the ECU was not the problem, then I would probably try the ETB. Since the ECU can be swapped in a matter of minutes, it would be easy to verify (or eliminate) that part from the equation! If someone has a for sure good ECU, I would promise to purchase it, if it clears the issue. At lot to ask, I'm sure...but every cent going into this fix is borrowed money, and I just can't afford to buy more parts than I need.

Tell me more about Joe? I am in Tallahassee, and even though I would consider taking this to Jay, Gainesville is about half the Eastern coast closer!
    make sure tec. talks to Raymond,he's the only one there anymore that knows anything about the 110/150

later cd

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Hi,

You can dissasemble the Throttle Body and check it out - you should be able to see and defects if it has any.
    You bring up a good point! It is my understanding that every time that you insert the lanyard (or maybe it is only when you do an ETB reset), that the ECU runs the ETB through the full range and registers the values. I have heard a whirring in that area, but only on occasion...not all of the time.

Can I remove the top hose, and visually see this happen when I power up?

And if it is only doing this spontaneously...is this the ECU's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    make sure tec. talks to Raymond,he's the only one there anymore that knows anything about the 110/150

later cd
    Great piece of info...I will pass this along in the morning!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Kosh ,I see that Watcon has WEBER ENGINE diagnostic set up for the 110/150 engine .Invest the $250 into that and learn yourself rather than pay someone else to learn .That would be what I would do anyway.
    Cheers

Bernie
    Bernie,

Are you saying that Watcon has a consumer version of the DigitalWrench?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information