New RXP-X - Few questions - Is this normal?

Well, cracked open the RXP-X to do the usual removal of the silencer crap, do 4" intake, etc...

When I pulled the charge pipes off, I noticed I had a reasonable amount of water (condensation?) in the connection between the I/C to the TB. Is this normal, or do I possibly already have a leaking intercooler. Are the OEM X inter coolers known to be faulty/ low quality? Ive got an XS I can swap it out to if needed, just curious if this is normal.

Also, theres nothing special about the S/C gearing on the X is there? I can bolt a rude/RR/Riva S3 whatever charger on it right?

FYI: removing the resonator is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. In the end I just decided to hell with it, and got the rotozip in there, and cut the damn thing in 3-4 pieces, came out easy then!

+1
    According to Jerry the water is normal as its just condensation.

An aftermarket SC will bolt right up.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    Well, cracked open the RXP-X to do the usual removal of the silencer crap, do 4" intake, etc...

When I pulled the charge pipes off, I noticed I had a reasonable amount of water (condensation?) in the connection between the I/C to the TB. Is this normal, or do I possibly already have a leaking intercooler. Are the OEM X inter coolers known to be faulty/ low quality? Ive got an XS I can swap it out to if needed, just curious if this is normal.

Also, theres nothing special about the S/C gearing on the X is there? I can bolt a rude/RR/Riva S3 whatever charger on it right?

FYI: removing the resonator is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. In the end I just decided to hell with it, and got the rotozip in there, and cut the damn thing in 3-4 pieces, came out easy then!
    I wanted to save mine! Had to take the VTS module out to free it up. I laugh every time I see that stupid resonator in my shop.

I'd take pictures of mine, but someone might have a heart attack from laughter.

Condensation - check
    S/C swap - Check

Thanks guys.

Whats the feed on the very fron of the intercooler for? seems to be some kind of drain? pressure relief?

+1
    I'd take pictures of mine, but someone might have a heart attack from laughter.

Condensation - check
    S/C swap - Check

Thanks guys.

Whats the feed on the very fron of the intercooler for? seems to be some kind of drain? pressure relief?
    Your not putting an S3 on in place of the X are you?

I have a RR stage3 with the spacer, and a riva s3, figured i'd try all 3, see which one made the most boost, and sell the rests.

+1
    I have a RR stage3 with the spacer, and a riva s3, figured i'd try all 3, see which one made the most boost, and sell the rests.
    Sounds like a plan. I still gotta say the X made one hell of a difference on my ski. But on the other hand I didnt have an S3 or anything else to test.

+1
    Boostaholic--LMAO about you getting your exhaust resenator out. I ended up cutting mine in three parts also---did not want to take the VTS out--- had three feet deep of black plastic shaving in the bottom of the boat. Almost filled up my shop vac with that crap. Then after using almost a full bottle of windex could not get the rubber hoses over the raised edges of the Riva exhaust pipe. So I said screw this--I sawed off the two edges and bingo--hoses go right on---clamped them real good and no problems after ten hours. What a nightmare.

Ditto on the black shavings!!! they were everywhere, haha. Beleive I got most of themall out now, going to give it a washdown and a good coating of xp-s spray to take care of the rest.

Thread Information