Whats the Width of your Double Trailer?

I am looking into getting a double trailer But want to know the width of one with two 4 tec seadoo on board. I ask because i have a fairly small garage and i need to fit both seadoos and a car in the garage.

Thanks alot
    david

I keep my ski's at a friends house about 5 miles from my place so I dont have them here to measure but for comparison I tow them with an H2 Hummer and the trailer is wider than the truck. I believe the trailer is a full 8' wide from wheel to wheel..... the skis pretty much overhang over the wheels as well...... I would figure on a solid 94-100"

The trailer I tow with is a 2005 Nationwide 2 Place. Hope this helps you out some

+1
    Most double trailers with 2 4-tecs will not fit through a single car garage door.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    I am looking into getting a double trailer But want to know the width of one with two 4 tec seadoo on board.
    I ask because i have a fairly small garage and i need to fit both seadoos and a car in the garage...
    Maximum legal tire-to-tire width for trailers is usually 102", or 8 feet 6 inches, and many double PWC trailers are manufactured to be about that wide.

The fenders and the load can hang out beyond 102" by a little. My Triton Elite WC-2 is 101.5" wide at the tires, and about 102.5" wide including the fenders.

Unless you buy a fancy trailer that hydraulically rotates the skis to pack them close together (I forget which brand does those), you are going to need about a 9 foot garage door width.

well its going in a double garage, hopefully only taking up one side since we have to get a car in there as well. Ill have to measure to see if it is going to work. If not I could be in trouble
    david

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    ...I'll have to measure to see if it is going to work.
    If not I could be in trouble
    Also check the length of your space.

Most PWC hang over the back of the trailer some, so check the trailer length, then add inches for the back of the ski overhang.

There are trailers with a folding tongue to reduce the storage length, but they are not very common.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Also check the length of your space.

Most PWC hang over the back of the trailer some, so check the trailer length, then add inches for the back of the ski overhang.

There are trailers with a folding tongue to reduce the storage length, but they are not very common.
    My trailer has a very long tongue on it (noticeably longer than my friend who tows a 2 place Triton). It fits without trouble in a standard depth garage with a couple of feet to spare.

+1
    My trailer is 102" wide and 18' long. I was able to park it in my apartment garage. The door was 9' wide and the garage was 20' deep.

+1
    you could always get a double trailer and then two shop dollies for them yah it would be a btch to load and unload them but it would allow you to keep them both in the garage and have a double trailer and still have plenty of room for a car

Thread Information