Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Planning on taking 250x out on waves.

I was wondering if there is anything I should do before taking the ultra 250x out on larger waves. I do intend on jumping the beast. only small jumps to begin with but I was wondering if this is a dangerous stupid idea or if i haveto get work done on the unit first.

+1
    Talk to hilomikey. He rides the big ones and I don't think he has had any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    I was wondering if there is anything I should do before taking the ultra 250x out on larger waves. I do intend on jumping the beast. only small jumps to begin with but I was wondering if this is a dangerous stupid idea or if i haveto get work done on the unit first.

Wear a Helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Wear a Helmet!

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Honu, (hawaiian for turtle),

No problems here jumping waves. But just snapped my SC belt after a year of owning one and 129 hours on ski. My technique is to blip the throttle right before wave and this will always land you on your tail or rideplate. You dont' want to pancake your ski or any ski for that matter. That being said, let her rip!!! One thing I like to do but haven't mastered yet is to blip the throttle right before it breaks and turn suddenly to either right or left. Can almost pull off a 180 in the air or close to it. Once you get the hang of it flat days suck!!!

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post

No problems here jumping waves. But just snapped my SC belt after a year of owning one and 129 hours on ski. My technique is to blip the throttle right before wave and this will always land you on your tail or rideplate. You dont' want to pancake your ski or any ski for that matter. That being said, let her rip!!! One thing I like to do but haven't mastered yet is to blip the throttle right before it breaks and turn suddenly to either right or left. Can almost pull off a 180 in the air or close to it. Once you get the hang of it flat days suck!!!
    Damn...someone from Hilo on here? Nice. Didn't know they had PWC out there. We went this past summer and will probably go back this summer again (family resides there), but I couldn't find a ski anywhere. I thought it would be more popular, but I was told that a lot of residents don't like the noise, etc. Anywhere to rent them out there?

And to stay on topic: seems like a smaller ski would be better for wave jumping than a big 250. Our 150 is a lot funner than the 250 for stuff like that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post

+1, bigger the better, love the side jump, more like a 120....

+1

You mean like this? !

Jumping Ultras off Sebastian Inlet's "Monster Hole"

http://www.soflariders.net/sebastian.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helium Air.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	75279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rene Jumping 1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	75280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rene Jumping 2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	75281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tommy Glowing Edges Jump.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	75282  

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Wear a Helmet!
    And an impact vest!
    Jetpilot Baller is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin Ultras View Post
    Damn...someone from Hilo on here? Nice. Didn't know they had PWC out there. We went this past summer and will probably go back this summer again (family resides there), but I couldn't find a ski anywhere. I thought it would be more popular, but I was told that a lot of residents don't like the noise, etc. Anywhere to rent them out there?

And to stay on topic: seems like a smaller ski would be better for wave jumping than a big 250. Our 150 is a lot funner than the 250 for stuff like that.
    Lots of skiers out this way!! Maybe not as much as most places, But they are here. Just go to Hilo bay on any given sunday and there we are!!! You can rent on the Kona side but outrages Tourist prices.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information