Owners in CT where you get oil

I have a 94' 750SL and the place where I used to get my Polaris Gold Oil was at R.E.R in Monroe. Well they no longer carry it. So I was wondering where you guys in CT buy your oil or where you order if from online.

Is there another type of oil I can use instead of the Polaris Gold?

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Amsoil works well preferred customers get a nice discount too, and it;s delivered to your door. I run this in my sl http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx?zo=1520362

preferred customer info here https://www.amsoil.com/amsoillogin/p...spx?zo=1520362

is that all you guys use is polaris or amsoil? I take it the standard TCW3 oil is junk? Penzoil and whatnot that I use in my boat?

Seriously, in that ski, any brand name oil will be fine. IMO, that $30/gal Polaris oil is a rip off. I'm one of the few oddballs around here that is not an Amsoil fan, so I don't use it...but you could if you wanted. The HP Injector would be fine. I use straight mineral oil in mine...I pay $10/gal.

I thought the polaris oil and the amsoil had additional addatives the the standard dino oil didn't. I don't want to blow the thing up not having the right oil in there.

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    i use pennzoil 100% synthetic costs about 23 a gallon at walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinbysti View Post
    I thought the polaris oil and the amsoil had additional addatives the the standard dino oil didn't. I don't want to blow the thing up not having the right oil in there.
    No matter what 2 cycle oil you use, you will not "blow it up". I'm not the type to force my oil brands on others, but lets just say this...it is a name brand petroleum company. I've burned a dozen gallons of the stuff in the last few years in all of my stroke stuff (except my CR250), and have yet to have a failure. Burns clean and only costs $10/gal. Oh, it is semi-synthetic.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Nut is right. As long as the oil meets the manufacturers requirements, in this case tcw-3, it is safe to run. some of the advantages of synthetics are:
    usually less smoke, the potential to run leaner depending on the oil, higher heat resistance, less plug fouling, ect.

it's a personal preference thing. i only suggested amsoil because you mentioned it.

Thread Information