Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP! new RXP-X - removed resonator, now 1 beep, wont crank

Ok, I just couldnt leave it alone, but you all know how that is . After a great weekend of riding on my new RXP-X I decided I was going to try and free up the exhaust flow a bit. So I removed the resonator, put a j-shaped pipe in its place, no big deal, started to make a 4" intake, and went to start it up to see how it sounded.

Now I only get one long beep, and it wont crank, I get no errors on the LCD, everything comes up as normal, vts works, etc, just wont crank.

I presumed I knocked a sensor connection loose working around in the hull, and tripple checked all my connections, and everything looks correct. I was going to try and get an error code off of it, but how is that done on an 08?? There are no sensors on the resonator, and I see nothing that is unplugged. I also have not disconnected the battery yet, as I have heard this un-programs your keys.

I open to any and all suggestions, I'll take it back to the dealer if need be, but just would prefer to figure this one out on my own... Had the ski 5 days, already broke it, haha.

isn't one long beep a bad DESS key connection?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMike View Post
    isn't one long beep a bad DESS key connection?
    Yes. Make sure you are getting a good connection on the DESS post. I don't think your problem has anything to do with the removal of the resonator.

I tried both keys numerous times, and still long single beep, but I'll check that more thouroughly. LOL, probably a peice of black plastic resonator debris in the key. Thanks guys, report back shortly!!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Just a thought..... Make sure your temp sender is hooked up at the waterbox! Mine did a similar thing when I left mine unplugged by accident.

Weird...

Well, went home for lunch, wiped off the post with my finger, wiped the inside of the key with my finger, popped the key in, and it started right up??? Got me, I fooled with it for an hour or so last night. Been depressed all day, haha. Thanks guys, I dunno what happened....

+1
    if ur luck was like mine, u would have been 20mi offshore and towed in, only to have it start when u got to the ramp at least it was in the garage

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    if ur luck was like mine, u would have been 20mi offshore and towed in, only to have it start when u got to the ramp at least it was in the garage
    I'm having a similar problem with my X. I did get towed in though after it would not start. I figured it was a something with the starter. I got back to the dock and it started right up. Now every once in a while it will cut out while running but it will start. Other times I will try to shut it off with the start/stop button and it will not work so I have to pull the key to shut the motor off.

Does this sound like I could have a bad DESS post? Any other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    Well, went home for lunch, wiped off the post with my finger, wiped the inside of the key with my finger, popped the key in, and it started right up??? Got me, I fooled with it for an hour or so last night. Been depressed all day, haha. Thanks guys, I dunno what happened....
    Hence the acronym "CCWFA." Glad it's working now... Ron

Try putting some di-electric grease on the post and key to eliminate any resistance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information