Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Stock RXP-X vs Stage1 05' RXP

Guys,

I might have a friendly race comming up this weekend, against a friend's Riva stage 1 + blow-off valve 05' RXP. My RXP-X has about 6-7 hours on it and is completely stock. What should I expect from this race?? Hopefully the P-X hole-shot will be too much for him, jejeje.

Thanks for the info,

JulianC

+1
    You will get the holeshot and he will creep up and past you on top. Hurry up and slap an R&D grate on there and you should be able to hold him off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JulianC View Post
    Guys,

I might have a friendly race comming up this weekend, against a friend's Riva stage 1 + blow-off valve 05' RXP. My RXP-X has about 6-7 hours on it and is completely stock. What should I expect from this race?? Hopefully the P-X hole-shot will be too much for him, jejeje.

Thanks for the info,

JulianC

Well, since you will lose on the top end and beat him out of the hole, I suggest as soon as you get ahead of him, cut in front of him and blast his a** with some water..lol he'll back off or get blown off the ski and you'll win the race... just kidding dude... good luck

+1
    Yeah i would try and get the R&D grate asap if you can. Otherwise fill in your rideplate holes (good for .5mph+) and try to ride it some more before then. I have been reading that after 10 hours on the X skis they wake up more

+1
    Ask JRS rxp... this coud be fun

Man, I was hoping I could beat him with no problem. Guess I'll have to take advantage of the hole-shot and as soon as he starts catching me, let off and yell "I WON"!! jajaja...

I'm still not decided on whether I should change the grate, since my riding is 100% ocean and except for some areas of smooth water, its always pretty rough. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the hook-up.

Also, I read on another thread that Jerry (GreenHulk) does not use nor recomend blow off valves. I was wondering why. What would be the negative effects of instaling one?

Thanks for your comments guys,

JulianC

Did someone call me??? Raced a dude two weeks ago up in SC and he said the same thing, that his RXP with Riva Stage XIV kit would hole shot me and walk away on top end. He said that he worked for Sea doo promotions bla. bla . bla.......ect this and that and just wanted so bad to race me. I pulled him about 4 ski lenghts and did not look back. You should pull him out of the hole and if he starts creeping up just get out of it and say "Race over dude"
    Last edited by Jrsrxp; 05-30-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Hey, any thoughts on comparing the hook-up of the stock grate with the R&D grate? Would it be possible to gain speed, keeping the stock grate? What mods do you guys recommend, staying with stock grate? Also, any idea about pros and cons of the blowoff valve?

Thanks again for your help,
    I'll be sure to post the race results on monday,

JulianC

+1
    Cut the wings off your stock grate, then drill a couple 3/8" holes towards at the back of the grate just above the outer two bolts..

wings cut will put you over a reported 70-73mph and the holes will prevent over stuffing.

I have the Riva grate, it hooks up just fine in the rough. It's still an agressive grate. The stock one is just extremely aggresive.
    Practice some starts, cheat him a little, when you say 1, 2, 3, nail the throttle at 2 and a half. I'm not kidding!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information