Cool Oil leak MSX150, 2004

I have 2 MSX 2004. They have about 27 hrs on them. One of them is leaking oil some where. I have removed the oil tank and checked for leaks, checked all of the hoses that I can see or put my hand on, can't find any leak. However when I take it out I have to add oil, oil tank is aways empty. I do run it for 20 to 30 sec and check the oil again, I only get a very small amount of oil on the stick. I Take it out for a ride and it runs fine. I check the oil often during the day and the level remains where it should be when I added it. I let a sit for a few days and I have (oil in the bottom) of the ski hull, on the turbo side of the engine. It is not over filled nor does any blow out while riding it. I hope I do not have to pull the engine... Please help I have a 04 shop manual, no help.
    Last edited by looking32908; 05-30-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: details

+1
    Search for MSX oil change. They are overfilled form the factory and the dipstick is wrong. Overfilling causes problems.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=MSX+change

Oh Welcome to the hulk!!!!

Checked oil

I have changed the oil at the end of last summer, new filter, etc. It is on correct. Dip is in okay. Nothing wet around the entire upper part of the engine. Juct oil in the bottom of the Hull, can not see or find any wet spots on the engine. Oil is not overfilled. So I do not have any blow by on the seperator.

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. Pulling my Hair out...

Quote Originally Posted by looking32908 View Post
    I have changed the oil at the end of last summer, new filter, etc. It is on correct. Dip is in okay. Nothing wet around the entire upper part of the engine. Juct oil in the bottom of the Hull, can not see or find any wet spots on the engine. Oil is not overfilled. So I do not have any blow by on the seperator.

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. Pulling my Hair out...
    My guess is that there has to be an oil line going to the turbo...I'll check the manual tonight and see if I can spot it. It could be something as simple as a loose fitting!

+1
    You can also put the oil dye in it and use a UV light to find the leak.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/how_...71.html?page=2

okay thank you. I lookes in my service manual, I see where the two lines go into the side of the lower cae. I can see the oil inline from the oil tank and I do not see a leak. I put my hand down under the turbo and feel the fitting and it is dry. also can feel where it goes into the lower oil case. ( Dry also)

I will look for some die for the oil? I added some oil yesterday, and I see it has come out into the hull. So it forsure does it when it is sitting. But not to much if any while running. I will re-check my connections again. Like I said before it is dry exeywhere I touch. (Head Hurts.)

FOR SALE 2 MSX 150 with trailer and storage box on trailer. $8000, takes all. Palm Bay Florida. ( about 27 hrs)

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I have found that sometimes using a small digital camera, set for close-up mode (flower icon), lets me see things down in the hull where I just cannot get my head. Stick the camera down there with flash enabled, even upside down if need be, press the shutter, then have a look at the pictures.

Also, a small mirror on a wand or even hand held, with a good compact flashlight, often lets you see what you need to see.

Okay , Here is the update, Never did find any leak. I pumped the oil out of it, I got about 3.2 quarts out of it, That's real close to what I should have gotten. So all is well, I hope, after all it is a MSX... So new oil, new plugs, and new coolent. Starts up fine, no problems. Like goes on.

Still for sale 2- MSX150 2004 with trailer and gear and storage box. $8000 takes all, clear title.

Palm Bay Florida.

Thread Information