Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What does it take for an RXP To out accell an RXP-X

Just wondering what it would take a RXP to out-accelerate an RXP-X and what would it cost.

+1
    Probably $3,000+

IC, s3 charger, 4" intake, 15/19r prop, 42s

or rude charger, IC, 4" intake, 15/19r prop, rrfpr

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Just what I got in my sig......... Trimmed down (No RE's yet)........... Did it 4 times......... Im up to $2200 worth of toys.

+1
    Lots of $$$$ basicaly and then you are gona need to get it all set up just right. The X boat has 2 advantages IMO, 1. obviosly more power, therefore a steeper prop 2. The intake grate area on the x hull is about three inches longer than the RXP, This means it is able to process more water with less restriction. Therefore giving better holeshot. Again this is my 0.2. Im hopin that sum1 in the know, will agree but i mayb wel off the mark. R88

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    Just wondering what it would take a RXP to out-accelerate an RXP-X and what would it cost.

I can tell you what will match a stock RXP-X , In my case anyway.

2006 RXP with stage one plus RR SC wheel , holes filled , reverse bucket mod, opened up the hull to more air, riva pro sponsons.

Dead even from hole shot to topend then I pull the X just enough to get away.
    I've now gone to a 15/20R but the RXP-X has also gone to a stage one. Hope to run them later today to see how they match up now.

Mine beats a RXPX by about 2-3 boat lengths in the first like 25-30 ft, then continues to pull.
    Forgot to say i have a open class rxp.
    Id say if you put in maybe 2k you should be about the same as the rxpx vs any rxp.

Out accelerate to what speed? The X really hits a wall after 50mph doesn't it? So do you want to check the 0-30mph times, 0-60mph times, or check midrange times from 30-60mph? I mean who's hands are we playing into here and who's numbers and data so we trust? The only numbers I've seen or heard about out there for the RXP-X are Jerry's and Riva's. Jerry said he lost the acceleration graph for the RXP-X at their shootout but said it's 0-60mph was like 3.9sec. BRP claims 2.9sec 0-50mph for the P-X. Riva got 3.88sec 0-60mph on their Stage 2 RXP215. Looking at Riva's graph they also got about 2.9sec 0-50mph with their stage 2 RXP215.

I'm going to take my 215 to the dealer show this July 4 and see what all the fuss is about. I don't give a shit if I get beat. Seems the X owners tell ya one thing and the 215 owners tell ya another.

And as far as cost I got my RXP for $8K brand new as a leftover. So I have about $4K to work with for mods....hmmmm. Sounds like I can be quicker and faster than an X for less $$$ overall. I'll find out in person though.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-26-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    I'm going to take my 215 to the dealer show this July 4 and see what all the fuss is about. I don't give a shit if I get beat. Seems the X owners tell ya one thing and the 215 owners tell ya another.
    When I ran into those 2 X's at the lake few weeks ago I figured I was gonna get my ass whooped. I was wrong. Ski looks good though!

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    The X models accelerate good but do sign off.
    Get a Green Wheel. 7 ft of 4" Kanaflex hose with an R&D adapter or contact Steve (Freibe1) for his kit. XS intercooler. Depends on who you talk to about injectors, some run stock some run 42's. I would run what others are using in your area, ie temps, humidity etc. I would go w/ a Solas 15/20. This is JM<quick>HO.
    There is so many otions: 3 blade as opposed to 4 blade, Riva SC, X supercharger........the list goes on. But it shouldn't brake the bank to get what you want. But it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    do u have a stage 1 o5 rxp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information