Thread: Toolbar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Gotcha. I rarely venture out of the Polaris section. Guess I need to get out more, mingle, see the sights, go native!
    I know what you mean! I have only been here a few days, but I haven't left the Polaris section since I got here!

Note: I write software, so if I can clear enough time, I will write up a nice cross-browser Toolbar for all of us to use...and since it will be cross-browser, it will work for all of the popular browsers everyone uses. If you use a not-so-well-known browser, link me to a download so I can check out its core-code.

+1
    Chad are you giong to Mudbug on the 12th???

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    ...I write software, so if I can clear enough time, I will write up a nice cross-browser Toolbar for all of us to use...and since it will be cross-browser, it will work for all of the popular browsers everyone uses. If you use a not-so-well-known browser, link me to a download so I can check out its core-code.
    I used to be in the PC software biz...
    What would this toolbar do?

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Chad are you giong to Mudbug on the 12th???
    No, we won't be making it this year...at least I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I used to be in the PC software biz...
    What would this toolbar do?
    Basically, what you said on page 3 about not having to remember all the steps involved in making sure the Green Hulk gets credited for the buy and paid their share of the seller fees. It would basically keep the browser permi-logged-in so that they didn't have to do any extra work, and would make all the appropriate data-sends (clicks, URL tags, etc.). Maybe some extras that everyone might want. I don't know, it was just an idea I got when you mentioned a toolbar or "thing", heh.

Chad, I am really diggin this toolbar idea. I will support it 100%. BUT...Will it work with a Yahoo toolbar? Also, I dont know how hard it would be, but it would be pretty cool to have a tab on the toolbar that shows when you have a new message or when someone replies to a subscribed thread.

Man, this could be sweet

BarefootPlaris

I like that idea! I could make it where the toolbar kept you logged in, and then a small Java tab could check for new posts or threads every so often (user can set the frequency). Like I said, if I can clear enough time to start the project, I will be all over it! Hell, I am getting excited about it now, haha!

Thread Information