Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ft Myers FL

Just picked up my SHO Cruiser from Riva

Just got back from collecting my new SHO Cruiser and have some initial thoughts:
    It doesnt look as "sharp" as the 07 HO Cruiser I had in blue/silver.
    The seat style has changed for the worse (not as detailed or as soft as the 06/07 Cruiser.
    Not so keen on the front view.
    Mirrors look really small
    Seems to lack detail and look kinda plain.
    Really quiet (like an electric motor)
    That said, I havent ridden it yet (tomorrow am should cure that). I really got used to the FXHO Cruisers I had, 04/05/06/07 and probably dont like change but hopefully tomorrow after my first ride I will be grinning from ear to ear.
    Price: $11917 inc 3 yr warranty (ordered at Miami boat show plus $189 dealer fee, $40 title and 6% FL tax which makes it a lot less than some of you guys are paying. Purchased a cover also & ordered the exhaust & filter kit which should be available 7 days time.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    ummm...gratz...i think?....

no...seriously...ull love the ski...performance will blow u away........especially the handling......amazing.........

Nice looking ski! Is the seat height higher than your 07? I have an 07 HO and wish either the foot wells were deeper or the seat was a little higher for comfort.
    Last edited by Braden; 05-30-2008 at 09:07 PM.

+1
    i dunno man, thats a pretty sharp looking ski to me. Congrats

+1
    thats a nice ass lookin ski

what kind of trailer did you get???......just curious.

I have to say, they prepped my ski(and installed a stage I kit flawlessly,no grip whatsoever)...riva is a great animal,when they behave....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by doublerkid View Post
    Just got back from collecting my new SHO Cruiser and have some initial thoughts:
    It doesnt look as "sharp" as the 07 HO Cruiser I had in blue/silver.
    The seat style has changed for the worse (not as detailed or as soft as the 06/07 Cruiser.
    Not so keen on the front view.
    Mirrors look really small
    Seems to lack detail and look kinda plain.
    Really quiet (like an electric motor)
    That said, I havent ridden it yet (tomorrow am should cure that). I really got used to the FXHO Cruisers I had, 04/05/06/07 and probably dont like change but hopefully tomorrow after my first ride I will be grinning from ear to ear.
    Price: $11917 inc 3 yr warranty (ordered at Miami boat show plus $189 dealer fee, $40 title and 6% FL tax which makes it a lot less than some of you guys are paying. Purchased a cover also & ordered the exhaust & filter kit which should be available 7 days time.

Wow, you are about the first person I have heard that prefers the look of the HO front end over the SHO, I guess it really is "beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder."

Jim

LOL @ BEERHOLDER. Yeah dude calm down, you have the hottest ski on the water right now. Jeeeez why did you buy it if you thought it was such an ugly duckling?

Yeah I'm also not sold on the looks of the SHO. I'm interested in the SHO Cruiser to replace my '06 HO Cruiser. I'm sure that extra horsepower will mke me quickly forget about the looks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Lug View Post
    Yeah I'm also not sold on the looks of the SHO. I'm interested in the SHO Cruiser to replace my '06 HO Cruiser. I'm sure that extra horsepower will mke me quickly forget about the looks.
    Have you seen it in person? it's a great looking ski Maybe the best ever IMO. My Black SHO turns heads everywhere I go.

Jim

Ft Myers FL
    I had the chance to ride it on Saturday along with my buddy on his 06 FX HO so a really good comparison and WOW I have changed my mind and grown to really respect it !
    In every respect it walks over the HO, The holeshot & mid range pick up is awesome, top speed showing 67-68 and all this with my 145 lb son on the back of me and I weigh in at a chunky 207lb.
    The ride is dry, compliant and it has phenomenal dig in on the turns, I dont see Riva selling many sponson kits as who the hell can hang on to this sucker when the "G's" build up as it is in stock format.
    The looks are growing on me, it certainly looks a lot better in the water than on the trailer, somehow better proportioned.
    I guess the next thing to do is fit the CAI filter kit & free flow exhaust over the course of the summer and reap the benefits that they will bring plus hopefully someone gets a remapped ECU out to take advantage of the power lurking within.
    On that note look at the power lurking under......... yes that is a little shark washed up on the beach behind the ski......holy shit dont fall off in these waters (Boca Grande Peace River FL)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information