Banned User
    +1

RXT-X storage box-does it come with a lid?

I have a 2008 RXT-X, and the big white storage box in the front has what look like hidges and a latch of sorts. It looks like its made for a lid, but mine didn't come with one. Are they supposed to??

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I have a 2008 RXT-X, and the big white storage box in the front has what look like hidges and a latch of sorts. It looks like its made for a lid, but mine didn't come with one. Are they supposed to??
    It's the same box that the GXT LTD uses which comes with a lid. You can add the lid if you wanted too.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    It's the same box that the GXT LTD uses which comes with a lid. You can add the lid if you wanted too.
    Wonderng why they didn't just include it.....and the depth finder....and the boarding step......What else did Sea Doo leave off???

Storage in back

Does anyone's RXT-X have a storage compartment in the back like the RXT's? im guessing that the left it out so the intercooler could fit back there.

something to look for is the gasket on the white storage box, its lacking.

I will be looking at some material to prevent further damage to the paint.
    Water tight integrity has been comprised in that area so that is no longer a concern

rxtx storage lid and more

Got my RXTX last week same as yours and others, no lid on (very large)front storage (gas strut broke 2nd time out), no boarding ladder, no room for rear storage (ic) also not sure if I should have 3 keys, as per the owners manual, but did not get orange key???
    Also, ordered a gps type clove box today (hope I have the right one coming)?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barron View Post
    Got my RXTX last week same as yours and others, no lid on (very large)front storage (gas strut broke 2nd time out), no boarding ladder, no room for rear storage (ic) also not sure if I should have 3 keys, as per the owners manual, but did not get orange key???
    Also, ordered a gps type clove box today (hope I have the right one coming)?
    I believe that there should be some sort of rubber grommet underneath the storage box as it does tend to damage the paint.

My strut came off the second time out too. Turns out the bracket was drilled wrong from the factor and was off center. Dealer re-drilled the bracket and so far the strut hasn't come off.

No storage under seat, inter-cooler in the way. I ordered a GPS mounting bracket from gps city for my garmin etrex H. I'm just going to mount it to the glove box, off center, so I can still raise the lid on the gloxe box. Do a search of gps mounts here and you'll find everthing you need to know about mounting one.

Thread Information