Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1

    Jaws' air intake

    After being gone for a while and trying to catch up, I've run across a mention of "Jaws air".

    pics...explanations....help?


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    VaRedneck,

    Jawz made me a custom air intake. It is front air intake molded carbon fiber. Is only 2 pieces with coupler on sc and one more. Coupler connects with 3 inch to 4 inch and then is molded to close to 5 inches at end.
    I dont mind posting pics if Jeff dosnt mind.
    It is very trick two piece setup made with carbon fiber gloss coat.
    I wanted something for the T-X that was not made up from Kaneflex or a bunch of pipes and couplers.
    Plus the design for that size arround the engine is very tricky to be in one piece. The sound of the SC is louder than the sound of my RXP rear air. Very impressive. You can just hear her sing from 5,500 rpm up. Probably some affect of it being right under neath you and not behind you, but still is very impressive. That X charge really flows a butt load.
    Last edited by skoepp; 05-30-2008 at 09:45 PM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    VaRedneck,

    Jawz made me a custom air intake. It is front air intake molded carbon fiber. Is only 2 pieces with coupler on sc and one more. Coupler connects with 3 inch to 4 inch and then is molded to close to 5 inches at end.
    I dont mind posting pics if Jeff dosnt mind.
    It is very trick two piece setup made with carbon fiber gloss coat.
    I wanted something for the T-X that was not made up from Kaneflex or a bunch of pipes and couplers.
    Plus the design for that size arround the engine is very tricky to be in one piece. The sound of the SC is louder than the sound of my RXP rear air. Very impressive. You can just hear her sing from 5,500 rpm up. Probably some affect of it being right under neath you and not behind you, but still is very impressive. That X charge really flows a butt load.
    Go on and post the pics... I CAN make the piece but can't post the pics

  4. #4
    Yeah...I bet it does sing. It's movin a hell of a lot more air than my stocker.

    I gotta tell ya though...I put the little one on my ski last weekend...just understand what some else would hear and to let her understand what changes all the mods have affected....I could hear my sc from a 100yds away at idle and wot.

    Anyway...I remember...way back...somebody talking about going from 5"-6" down to 3" at the sc....just curious what's been come up with.

  5. #5
    ya post some picts so we can check it out ,does jaws make these for rxp too?

  6. #6
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Geesh jaws, no wonder its so expensive to get your X to 80.. Carbon Fiber? Just kidding, but i would be interested in seeing your set up, thx.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    Geesh jaws, no wonder its so expensive to get your X to 80.. Carbon Fiber? Just kidding, but i would be interested in seeing your set up, thx.

    The only way my ski will see 80 is down the current in a river

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    The only way my ski will see 80 is down the current in a river
    Not for long, you can't keep still Jeff! By fall, you will be laughing at this thread!

  9. #9
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    My camara is dead and i lost the recharger cord. WTF
    I will get pics of Jawz air intake once have camara operating. I have to say the sound of the SC thru the intake is unreal and is under the seat.

  10. #10
    cdalesch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    The only way my ski will see 80 is down the current in a river
    Hey Jawz, do you make custom exhausts for RXTs? If so, how much?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My air intake mod
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 11:53 PM
  2. My 4" Cold Air Intake and free flow pipe...Pix
    By Yuji in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:11 PM
  3. Rxp fresh air intake pics
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 07:16 AM
  4. Air intake ideas?
    By watermedic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 08:40 PM
  5. PPG or Riva Air Intake, can't decide
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •