tulsa ok

Talking new owner needs advice 94 speedster twin 2 stroke

recently stole this cherry been in the garage since 94 speedster for 3K$ the owner was told by the shop the motor needed replacing. one of the cyl had 95lb comp while other 3 had 125 lb.
    this boat only had 40-50 actual hours on it and after several conversations with its previous owner i came to the conclusion motor should not b the problem. previous owner liked to fish & drink he did not use boat like it was meant 2b Because of his lack of driving it seems he washed out the rings in that one cyl
    I got the comp back up by pouring marvel myst oil on top of the piston put 4 new plugs in it it fired right up & sounded good as new
    igot to the lake and it seemed to die on one motor(the one that had low compression) however when i got it home comp was still125 on all 4
    I took it out again the next day this time Ididnt freak when the motor died I just restarted feathered the gas a little and it seemed to catch up & run fine the longer it ran the better it ran. took out next day same result after15-20 min it ran great never died at any speeds. HERE ARE the questions how long should it take 2 warm up what could b causing low speed stall & can leaving key on cause ignition problems anyone know how 2 adj fuel /oil mix? thanks!

Funky town (Fort Worth TX)
    Buy a manual, replace all the fuel lines/filters and clean/check the carbs and change the plugs. That stuff falls apart...

Kiwi spanner handler
    Christchurch NewZealand
    carbs will need cleaning they have small internal filters, oil mix wont need adjusting. Dont run it as its most likely lean.

Thread Information