Thread: Any Ideas?

+1

Any Ideas?

I got a 2005 RXP with a riva stage one + rotax stock class ecu, rotax thermo, motor mount, shims on the valve train, metal washers on the clutch, and a 14/17 solas prop. Mitch(Mitchrxp411) helped puttin this all together and when we ran it afterward(end of may temps in the 70's) it was hard to find calm water but we got 71.9mph on my gps and turning 8450rpms. Since then the temps have been gettin hotter and the fastest I could get out of it today was 70.3 turnin 8300rpms. Most of the day it was at 8200 and it had been raining off and on so humidity was high and the temps were bout in the high 80's low 90's. I think this lose in speed is due to the heat, but just wanted a 2nd opinion. If anyone has any suggestion to get me back up to the 71+mph range let me know. By the way cant really do much more to my boat cuz I race stock class so addin to the SC and gettin a aftermarket intercooler is illegal.
    Thanks,
    Scott

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    a 14/17 ??? are u sure? if ur only making power for a 14/17, then something is wrong.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    a 14/17 ??? are u sure? if ur only making power for a 14/17, then something is wrong.
    I had a 14/19 on it before we added the rotax parts. Mitch suggested to put the 14/17 he had in because his is running a 14/17.5 just fine. I have been thinkin bout switchin out the prop for my old one or gettin a different pitch.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i was down in VA on the potomac this past weekend for 2 days riding mutliple skis. Honda, kawis, and doos. I got a good feel for the effects of your weather on these skis, and if you are only able to pull a 14/17, then that stock class ECU sucks and makes no power. i dont have any experience with the stock class ECU, but the regular racing makes a TON of power. did you fully retard the timing on it?

JAG lives in Richmond i think? almost has almost identical setup to u and pulls a 14/19 to 72+ in some not so great weather conditions this weekend.

u have a out the boc Riva air intake, or modded? give it more air, and better air. also, anything for the exhaust?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i was down in VA on the potomac this past weekend for 2 days riding mutliple skis. Honda, kawis, and doos. I got a good feel for the effects of your weather on these skis, and if you are only able to pull a 14/17, then that stock class ECU sucks and makes no power. i dont have any experience with the stock class ECU, but the regular racing makes a TON of power. did you fully retard the timing on it?

JAG lives in Richmond i think? almost has almost identical setup to u and pulls a 14/19 to 72+ in some not so great weather conditions this weekend.

u have a out the boc Riva air intake, or modded? give it more air, and better air. also, anything for the exhaust?
    I will try the 14/19 asap. I have an out of the box riva air intake with that waterproof cover on it(cuz one time during some lake practice subbed it and ski almost died). We did fully retard the timing.

Thread Information