Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I think I blew my motor on my 06 RXP???

Was out riding yesterday with a few others (4 of us total riding in a group)...... we were cruising between 50ish and making occasional full throttle blasts. I noticed what sounded like a whine/whistle similar to how the supercharger sounds but slightly louder. After about 30 seconds of me actually figuring out that is was getting louder the ski hesitated and then just nosed over and died out. When I went to attempt to restart it...... It sounds like a bunch of bolts rattling around in a cofee can. I pulled all three plugs and there is no damage or indication of leaning out. I do have metal washers installed (that is the only modification). The ski has 72 hours on it and luckily is still covered by the B.E.S.T. warranty for another 2 year. Just wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar situation and how long Im looking at being down for.

Thanks in advance

Mike

+1
    Im not sure but it sound like maybe your sc bearings have failed if you remove the intake hose on the sc look to see is you sc wheel has ground out on the housing. If there is damage then this is probably the problem. My m8 had his go on him. Different circumstances as he was just cruising out of a no wake. I would have sed it was ur washers but you have metals so these should not be causing you any probs. Hope this helps R88

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i vote SC bearings also to start...

unfortunately... if it locked up and broke the shaft or gear you may be looking at a new set over overdrive gears, a new magneto, a new PTO cover, and a few other things...

pull the SC out, see how bad it is

Sorry to hear this.How much longer did it last after kiefs.Where were ya when it too a shit.Good thing u have B.E.S.T TO COVER YA.Hope the dealer can get it back to ya soon.Good luck steve is thinking the gti is a lose hose nothing major so i hope he is right.Again good luck and hope your up and running soon.

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    Sorry to hear this.How much longer did it last after kiefs.Where were ya when it too a shit.Good thing u have B.E.S.T TO COVER YA.Hope the dealer can get it back to ya soon.Good luck steve is thinking the gti is a lose hose nothing major so i hope he is right.Again good luck and hope your up and running soon.
    Broke about 1-2 miles south of the Oar so it was still a long tow..... over an hour. Ran into Bruce and he along with the others who posted above think it may very well be the SC bearings. Hopefully I can drop it off at RJ's today and have it back in the next 2 weeks. I still have my RXT to ride so all is not lost. Im sure I will see you out next weekend. Glad to hear your other ski isnt messed up too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    Broke about 1-2 miles south of the Oar so it was still a long tow..... over an hour. Ran into Bruce and he along with the others who posted above think it may very well be the SC bearings. Hopefully I can drop it off at RJ's today and have it back in the next 2 weeks. I still have my RXT to ride so all is not lost. Im sure I will see you out next weekend. Glad to hear your other ski isnt messed up too bad.

Thats the nice thing of having 2 skis .Will see ya out there weather permitting.

Weather permitting I will be out on Sunday, unfortunately Saturday I have some work things to handle as well as some other obligations

Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    Weather permitting I will be out on Sunday, unfortunately Saturday I have some work things to handle as well as some other obligations
    Sorry to hear bro. good thing you are under warranty. See you Sunday hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRXP Steve View Post
    Sorry to hear bro. good thing you are under warranty. See you Sunday hopefully.
    Thanks Steve.... hopefully it wont be down too long until then I will be cruising the yacht

Thumbs up UPDATE

Just got a call from the tech...... one of the SC bearings let go which caused the shaft to shift sideways and destroy the gear(s) that drive the SC. He said nothing went into the engine intake and that he had the engine running without the SC and its perfectly fine. B.E.S.T. is covering everything and from the sound of things I should have it back early next week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information