Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Richmond, TX (near Houston)
    Posts
    25

    Questions about MSX 110

    I've did a search and came up with a answer to one of my question. Which is: Can I run Mobile 1 15w 50 oil in my MSX 110? Only a few post that I found said yes but were 150 owners. I think this oil will work for the 110 model. Right? My next question that I couldnt find was. Is there a replacement oil filter for these engines instead of getting the OEM. Thanks Carlos


  2. #2
    Rocky_Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by MSXMAN View Post
    I've did a search and came up with a answer to one of my question. Which is: Can I run Mobile 1 15w 50 oil in my MSX 110? Only a few post that I found said yes but were 150 owners. I think this oil will work for the 110 model. Right? My next question that I couldnt find was. Is there a replacement oil filter for these engines instead of getting the OEM. Thanks Carlos
    Yes...on the oil. Same Weber engine as the 150.

    But no on the filter. Does yours have the replaceable element, and you reuse the cover (housing)? The current ones are one piece, and much easier to change. I am sure that Polaris still uses the Second Design on their current snow machines, which have the Weber powerplant.
    Last edited by Rocky_Road; 06-02-2008 at 09:23 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Richmond, TX (near Houston)
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    Yes...on the oil. Same Weber engine as the 150.

    But no on the filter. Does yours have the replaceable element, and you reuse the cover (housing)? The current ones are one piece, and much easier to change. I am sure that Polaris still uses the Second Design on their current snow machines, which have the Weber powerplant.
    Thanks Rocky Road, I dont know about the filter. I'm asking for a friend that doesnt have internet access, but I was wondering the same about the oil and filter. I would check mine but my hull is here and engine is at my buddy's house. Waiting to assymble it.

  4. #4
    Rocky_Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by MSXMAN View Post
    Thanks Rocky Road, I dont know about the filter. I'm asking for a friend that doesnt have internet access, but I was wondering the same about the oil and filter. I would check mine but my hull is here and engine is at my buddy's house. Waiting to assymble it.
    Your 110 is currently down?

    I have been asking anyone here if they had an ECU that I could try in my 150, to see if my ECU needs to be replaced. Any idea if your ECU is the same part number as mine (0451492)? If so...would you be willing to let me try it? I would Paypal you a deposit, if that raises your comfort level...and guarantee that it would not be harmed in any way, or I would buy you a new one.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Richmond, TX (near Houston)
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    Your 110 is currently down?

    I have been asking anyone here if they had an ECU that I could try in my 150, to see if my ECU needs to be replaced. Any idea if your ECU is the same part number as mine (0451492)? If so...would you be willing to let me try it? I would Paypal you a deposit, if that raises your comfort level...and guarantee that it would not be harmed in any way, or I would buy you a new one.
    Yep my ski is down and taken apart. I havent been on the Polaris section in months. I been playing with the GPR. But if it is the same part # I have no problem sending it to you to try.

  6. #6
    Rocky_Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by MSXMAN View Post
    Yep my ski is down and taken apart. I havent been on the Polaris section in months. I been playing with the GPR. But if it is the same part # I have no problem sending it to you to try.
    More than generous!

    I will try to figure out if the 110, and the 150, use the same ECU. Keddano has pointed out that the ECU may have to be used with the fuel injectors that accompany it...if that is true, I will probably not bother you about it.

    I am thinking about trying a known, to be good, ETB first...since this part can simply be plugged into the harness, without installing. This would eliminate my second thought as to my problem, without endangering the test ETB in any way. I'll keep your offer in mind...and, once again, many thanks!

    Take care,
    John

  7. #7
    desperado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    453
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    More than generous!

    I will try to figure out if the 110, and the 150, use the same ECU. Keddano has pointed out that the ECU may have to be used with the fuel injectors that accompany it...if that is true, I will probably not bother you about it.

    I am thinking about trying a known, to be good, ETB first...since this part can simply be plugged into the harness, without installing. This would eliminate my second thought as to my problem, without endangering the test ETB in any way. I'll keep your offer in mind...and, once again, many thanks!

    Take care,
    John
    The ECU's for the 110 and the 150 are the same with the only difference being the program in the memory. You do not have to change the injectors, they are the same. You will need to perform the ETB learning routine. Also, two adaptative functions that are stored in the ECU's ram will need to self-update: 1-) the boost adaptative function and 2-) the fuel mixture adaptative functions (low and high loads). These adaptative functions will self-ajust within 3-5 on/off cycles of the engine at the most -- new values are stored in the ECU's ram each time the ECU completes a full shutdown around 30 seconds after the engine is stopped.

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,596
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    The ECU's for the 110 and the 150 are the same with the only difference being the program in the memory. You do not have to change the injectors, they are the same. You will need to perform the ETB learning routine. Also, two adaptative functions that are stored in the ECU's ram will need to self-update: 1-) the boost adaptative function and 2-) the fuel mixture adaptative functions (low and high loads). These adaptative functions will self-ajust within 3-5 on/off cycles of the engine at the most -- new values are stored in the ECU's ram each time the ECU completes a full shutdown around 30 seconds after the engine is stopped.
    So the original owner would need to go through the same process when they get the EMM back...

  9. #9
    Rocky_Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    The ECU's for the 110 and the 150 are the same with the only difference being the program in the memory. You do not have to change the injectors, they are the same. You will need to perform the ETB learning routine. Also, two adaptative functions that are stored in the ECU's ram will need to self-update: 1-) the boost adaptative function and 2-) the fuel mixture adaptative functions (low and high loads). These adaptative functions will self-ajust within 3-5 on/off cycles of the engine at the most -- new values are stored in the ECU's ram each time the ECU completes a full shutdown around 30 seconds after the engine is stopped.
    Great info!

    But like K asks...will this automatically revert for the original owner? And if I only plug it in, and install the lanyard (do not start the engine), will I be able to 'hear' the ETB going through it's full range learning cycle? That is all I am really looking for...proof that the ETB is not functioning through it's usual learning mode.

  10. #10
    desperado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    453
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    Great info!

    But like K asks...will this automatically revert for the original owner? And if I only plug it in, and install the lanyard (do not start the engine), will I be able to 'hear' the ETB going through it's full range learning cycle? That is all I am really looking for...proof that the ETB is not functioning through it's usual learning mode.
    Regarding the boost & fuel mixture adaptative functions, the ECU will self-ajust itself once more when put back in a different engine. This self-ajustment is automatic... you do not need to do anything... the ECU takes care of everything by itself. The only procedure that you should focus on is the ETB learning routine.

    Keep in mind that your Digital Wrench technician can establish if the ETB learning mode has successfully been done. There is a logical field (true or false) in Digital Wrench that returns the status of the ETB learning function. If your current status is "false".... then you have a problem....
    Last edited by desperado; 06-03-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 msx 110 impeller question
    By MSX ADDICT in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 11:43 PM
  2. MSX 110 Intake Question
    By jetskier in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
  3. General question about MSX 150
    By freelancenovelist in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
  5. Question about MSX 110
    By MSXMAN in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •