Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up fx SHO *free mod*

Itís good to have greenhulk up and running again, I think everyone is so attached to it to read all updates and experiences with their jetskis. Anyway I would like to start to say that I am falling for the SHO I have always been a Yamaha GPR rider I have had 3 since they first released in 2000. And now itís the SHO I wonít bore you guys with what I like in it I will just say I am seriously thinking of getting one.

I have been looking into the spare part diagrams of the engine found two small things which I think can prove how under tuned is this engine. These two parts once removed I think can add a minimum 1.5 psi of boost. The first one looks like a thick wire screen fitted between the throttle body and intake manifold which looks very restrictive to airflow coming from the intercooler. The second finding is in the waterbox system, in the diagram itís a small long pipe that runs from the end of the exhaust pipe to the waterbox which looks like it can be removed and add more free flow to the exhaust gases. Both items lookís easy to remove without causing any damage to the engine. All it takes is an adventurous SHO owner ďmaybe Jerry or anyone elseĒ performs a simple trail of removing these two items and measuring the difference. If you look at the attachments you will see what I am talking about.

Hope I did well for all SHO owners!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y08FX1800GB06.gif 
Views:	174 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	75613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y08FX1800GB13.gif 
Views:	148 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	75614  

+1
    You have a real good eye

That part has already been addressed and will be available soon.

Simply removing the screen is not the answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riva.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	75648  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGP1300 View Post
    It’s good to have greenhulk up and running again, I think everyone is so attached to it to read all updates and experiences with their jetskis. Anyway I would like to start to say that I am falling for the SHO I have always been a Yamaha GPR rider I have had 3 since they first released in 2000. And now it’s the SHO I won’t bore you guys with what I like in it I will just say I am seriously thinking of getting one.

I have been looking into the spare part diagrams of the engine found two small things which I think can prove how under tuned is this engine. These two parts once removed I think can add a minimum 1.5 psi of boost. The first one looks like a thick wire screen fitted between the throttle body and intake manifold which looks very restrictive to airflow coming from the intercooler. The second finding is in the waterbox system, in the diagram it’s a small long pipe that runs from the end of the exhaust pipe to the waterbox which looks like it can be removed and add more free flow to the exhaust gases. Both items look’s easy to remove without causing any damage to the engine. All it takes is an adventurous SHO owner “maybe Jerry or anyone else” performs a simple trail of removing these two items and measuring the difference. If you look at the attachments you will see what I am talking about.

Hope I did well for all SHO owners!!
    What would you replace it with to make up the distance "part #20"?
    Jerry, what other goodies do you know about? And Jerry, are we really limited what we do until we replace the ECU? Tight budget this year so I have to pick & choose wisely on my upgrades...

jim
    Last edited by jpack; 06-02-2008 at 05:34 PM.

+1
    We are extremely limited on what we can do until we replace the stock ECU. Way too many fail safes are built into the stock ECU programming.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    We are extremely limited on what we can do until we replace the stock ECU. Way too many fail safes are built into the stock ECU programming.
    Thats what I thought, time to get a 2nd job!!!!

Jim

+1

Talking

In regards of part# 20, it seems that you have two options, First if the part# 19 is rubber which fit's on the waterbox inlet then you are ok getting rid of Part#20. Second if part#19 is not rubber then it can be replaced with a much shorter but bigger in diameter pipe which can fit into the openning of the waterbox inlet. I think that you just can take out this part since the exhaust water cooling channels end just where the part#19 fits.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    thx man.....I'll be looking into making these modifications...salute

http://www.rd-performance.com/newPro...yamaha/sho.asp
    The top one is the kit for the the ribbon and a spacer for the intercooler. I just happened to check theyre site and it popped up 2 days later when i looked again so i ordered it.

wow lookin good guys!!!

+1
    Rip n, please let us know of your results

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information