Dazed and confused on GP800

Hey guys! You have a nice forum here. Wondering if I could get a little trouble shooting help on one of my '99 GP800's, I think I am in the correct section. I have ident twins (GP's) both were winterized last fall as advertised both batts on smart chargers all winter. Went to get them going for the summer BUT. 1 is fine the other though:

NO crank- thinking corrsion some where maybe batt cables still think its corrosion but not in cables

Crack elec box-looks brand new bypass starter relay and she cranks strong(this is where I figure not bad batt or bat cables) so I think starter relay easy fix but NO swap other twins starter relay out before I order a new one to make sure end with same result

After reading all threads here could it be a Padlock problem going out to try reset but it has been in auto since day one

Also with batt connected I get nothing. Messing around and tried holding start button down then holding batt cable to terminal and starter trys to go just alittle then stops? Strange

Going out to try what few ideas I have left Padlock reset, check start button for corrosion.

CDI?

They both were perfect before winterization RUNNING out of ideas and I do not want to deal with shop neither my Brain or wallet can deal with it.

Thanks for any help u have

Quote Originally Posted by OPUS View Post
    Hey guys! You have a nice forum here. Wondering if I could get a little trouble shooting help on one of my '99 GP800's, I think I am in the correct section. I have ident twins (GP's) both were winterized last fall as advertised both batts on smart chargers all winter. Went to get them going for the summer BUT. 1 is fine the other though:

NO crank- thinking corrsion some where maybe batt cables still think its corrosion but not in cables

Crack elec box-looks brand new bypass starter relay and she cranks strong(this is where I figure not bad batt or bat cables) so I think starter relay easy fix but NO swap other twins starter relay out before I order a new one to make sure end with same result

After reading all threads here could it be a Padlock problem going out to try reset but it has been in auto since day one

Also with batt connected I get nothing. Messing around and tried holding start button down then holding batt cable to terminal and starter trys to go just alittle then stops? Strange

Going out to try what few ideas I have left Padlock reset, check start button for corrosion.

CDI?

They both were perfect before winterization RUNNING out of ideas and I do not want to deal with shop neither my Brain or wallet can deal with it.

Thanks for any help u have
    well it is obviously in the start circuit and u ruled out the relay! so see if you can reset the padloc . does yours have a mode button? if so hold it down till it ask for the code then put in aaaa

Well thank U all code dropped in one not the other which confused the S#@t out of me did alot of extra work but they are both up and running GOING to the lake now thanks for the Help!!!!!

Thread Information