Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Joined The club, Need help 1100 venture

Well this is my first post, Been reading up on here for a couple days great site. Well I just picked up a 1996 1100 wave venture with a blown motor for 500 bucks. I took the motor out and am getting it bored .5mm over, Port and polished and head milled to 150 psi.

1.My question Is i just bought Intake, Reeds and Carbs off a 1200gp. How do i hook up the fuel, Do I need three fuel Pumps or can i make my stock work. Most important question

2.Also Whill i notice a big diffrence if i go to like 1130 ccs with 84 bigbore kits.
    3. Anything else i migth want to add to it. Thinking a 14/20 prop and Scoop intake grate.

Thanks louis

Edit. I use the reeds off the 1200 motor right,
    Last edited by lousieg55; 06-02-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lousieg55 View Post
    Well this is my first post, Been reading up on here for a couple days great site. Well I just picked up a 1996 1100 wave venture with a blown motor for 500 bucks. I took the motor out and am getting it bored .5mm over, Port and polished and head milled to 150 psi.

1.My question Is i just bought Intake, Reeds and Carbs off a 1200gp. How do i hook up the fuel, Do I need three fuel Pumps or can i make my stock work. Most important question Those carbs have internal fuel pumps 1 on each you will want to add 2 more pulse ports to your case

2.Also Whill i notice a big diffrence if i go to like 1130 ccs with 84 bigbore kits.?
    3. Anything else i migth want to add to it. Thinking a 14/20 prop and Scoop intake grate.?

Thanks louis

Edit. I use the reeds off the 1200 motor right, they are bigger by a tad so yes

kewl, how do i add two more pulse ports on my case. Do i need to have the machine shop who is doing my motor do that.

no machine shop ! but can u send me a pic of your top case so I can see what you have? some have the bosses and some don't Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    no machine shop ! but can u send me a pic of your top case so I can see what you have? some have the bosses and some don't Z
    I dont have anything with me engine and everything is at the machine shop... I emailed him to and he said no problem for adding the pulse ports and the guy i bought my carbs and intake shipped them out today.

Also how many of you are running the big bore 84mm kits... Can you still run pump gas.

cool!
    I found a pic! see the pulse line on the right of the assembled engine ? the opposite end you can see one of the bosses u drill to add the fitting
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...1&d=1212455789
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0430_1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	75714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eebe_3.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	75715  

okay sweet thanks man, yea talked to him today said no problem on adding too more. I think i also might bump up to the 84mm kit, Depending on how much more it is.

get a 1200 cylinder and head!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    look for my thread about installing gp carbs on a raider. if you stay with a stock top end you will need to rejet. 84mm pistons in a 1100 jug will still not equal a 1200 cylinder with 84mm bore stock, so I am told. the porting is different. Browse through the old school section. the combinations and requirements and results have been discussed.

And Welcome to the forum!

Yea 84mm equals like 1130cc which is like the group k big bore kit. And will milled head and port and polished should be pretty nice.

Also the r and d intake are about the best for these skis too.

Thanks ill find that thread right now.

Edit looked could not find the thread do a litte more searching tomorrow.

And can i run reed stuffers now that im running the 1200 intake and any one know what jets i need.
    Last edited by lousieg55; 06-02-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information