Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new gibson muffler and pirahna b charger put on now high temp keeps coming on

i just got done water tested the ski with the gibson muffler and the pirahana b charger and the hi temp keeps going off. I hooked the muffler up just like the riva one and my ride plate is warm while i run it in the water so i think it is circulating. the sensor on the muff ler i used the red gasket stuff that i put on my xp carb gasket maybe stuff got on the sensor and messing with it, because the muffler you can put your hand on it.i talked to jason he told me a couple of things to do and it didn't work. i can only run the ski on the water folr like 2-3 mins and the motor it self is hot i don't know why.no kinks in the rad lines ,it runs on the hose all day long only when it gets a load on it maybe it is a bad sensor . I should have left the riva charger on there and the stock water box it ran fine.Every time i put something new is messes up i have the worst luck.Let me know what you think if you have any ideas it would be a great help..Thank you

any news on this ?

+1
    Sounds like your running lean. What kind of fuel controller/injectors do u have? Could even be a head gasket going

What have you tried to resolve this issue?

You need to check if the pissers on the j-pipe are blocked, then maybe drill them out larger, or drill the water pressure restrictor out one size larger.

+1
    If you are getting a H-Temp alarm it's an exhaust overheat alarm. I wonder if the sensor placement in the gibson exhaust is getting enough water flow.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If you are getting a H-Temp alarm it's an exhaust overheat alarm. I wonder if the sensor placement in the gibson exhaust is getting enough water flow.
    BUT WHY IS IT THAT SOME HAVE PROBLEMS AND OTHERS DONT ?

+1
    don't know? Maybe some guys are pushing more water thru the muffler than others.

+1
    don't know? Maybe some guys are pushing more water thru the muffler than others.
    this is going to be it.....esp. the guys who don't have issues below 7k rpm. I have not looked at the set-up real close but u will need a certain amount of water at wot to keep the alarm quiet.

+1
    when looking at the two nuts welded on the pipe, i figured the sensor would not be long enough to have any water sprayed on it, i was affraid of this..

i just fixed the problem.The setup is brand new the muffler is not at the best angle.The pissers ended up pissing towards the boot and not the muffler.i moved the j pipe away from the muffler and drilled the pissers out as big as i could. and reangledthe jipe and muffler the muffler had to go back a least a inch toward the back of the ski.i had to cut 5/8 of the muffler to make this work.no more sensor alarm but the muffler is so Queit, thats the only thing i don't like about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information