J3ff

Don't you love when drunk boaters you dont know ask you to take your ski for a ride?

I do!

I know alot of people in my lil area of the water.......but what I ALWAYS get is a friend who owns a boat waves, so I go over, and some dude ON his or her boat will ask me if he can take my ski for a ride.

I've only known the guy FIVE mins and he's drunk, and he thinks I'm going to say yes?

The other thing is when you meet peopleout on the water (I am constantly making new "friends" out there) and they wana go for a DRIVE on my ski.

I can't be the only one that deals with this almost every weekend am I?

My usual response is, let me take your boat for a spin, do some 180's on it, sub it, and beat the **** out of it. And then u can take my ski

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah, I hate that! I cut them off quick saying that someone borrowed my ski once and f***ed it up so I dont let no one ride it now. THat's all I have to do.

Only once was I gonna let a guy ride it cuz he let me ride his, even though I said no like 20 times he said I had to ride it. And it was really freaking nice too, it was a Yamaha ....something... one of the big ones with really nice comfy seats and rides great. He did not want to take mine for a ride though si I did not ask him too anymore!

It happened to me yesterday...A Guy two docks down who I'd watched drinking all day. He said I could drive his boat,obviously I declined. Call me crazy but I didn't think it was a good time to use my insurance coverage

Up here you need a boaters license to drive anything under 21ft (I think) or over 9Hp. If you are under 16 you can't drive anything over 9Hp regardless if you have the license or not. Since a lot of people do not have it yet, I use that as an excuse to not let them drive it. The fine is close to $300cdn I was told. If by chance they have it, I ask them if they have 15K in the bank, because they will be giving me that if the F%$ up my machine. That usually deters them from asking again.
    I used to let whomever drive my first ski, 95 XP, and I was lucky nothing happened. Now with the cost and power of these machines, I'll be a prick and not feel bad about it.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    me and my buddy onetime launched our skis in a rather minority / poor area. i was skeptical about even leaving my car in the parking lot, but whatever we launch, and there's these 3 kids there that were askin all sorts of questions, jumpin up and down, then made their punch line... can u take us for a ride.... well meanwhile these kids couldn't swim at all, barely liked the water, found those funnt CG orange life vests to wear, and off we went. we took em for rides.

that was the first time i ever took a stranger on my ski that i met for 30 seconds... these kids had an absolute BLAST! and couldnt thank us enough and it was actually fun seeing their reactions to fast speeds and jumping waves.

i never have and never will let someone i don't know VERY CLOSELY take my ski without me on it and just drive it. but more often than not i'm more than happy to take someone for a ride on it.

J3ff
    yea I wouldn't have a problem taking people for a ride.

But driving it is different.... I was mainly talking about the average boater, or person on a boat.

It's completely different when someone says "hey, take my 10k ski for a ride, can I ride yours?"

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Jeff... the best thing that could happen in your case is they take your honda for a spin and sink it or blow it up. If i were you, i'd thank them after the fact, then drive my ass over to a kawi or seadoo dealer for a real ski

J3ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    Jeff... the best thing that could happen in your case is they take your honda for a spin and sink it or blow it up. If i were you, i'd thank them after the fact, then drive my ass over to a kawi or seadoo dealer for a real ski
    Says the man with NO ski.......who hopes his super charger WASHERS LAST THE SEASON..who pays money out the ass for gas, and later crys about credit card bills! hahahah

Hey Jeff if you start passing them so fast all they see is a blurrrr. Who knows what they asked?

Thread Information