+1

Looking for opinions on a 1200. Pro or slx?

I'm looking at getting a different ski and want to get a 1200 now. I found a few that aren't too far away from me, and i was originally looking for a 1200 slx but now a pro 1200 may be available. Most of the slxs' are 2000's and so is the pro. The pro would probably be the closest to me, but i'm not sure which i should go for now. I'm looking at possible mods down the road, and performance parts availability. What are some of the pros and cons of getting either ski? I know the obvious differences in handling. Help lead me in the right direction.

+1
    After posting this, related posts popped up on the bottom of the page. I see guys say the pro is a slower hull than the slx. That was one of my main concerns. What else?

+1
    It may be a tad slower on top end 1-2mph but the Pro is setup for adding bolt on trippple pipes...can't do that with the slx...alot more work to get the slx into trippples.

+1
    I guess that's good point since i wouldn't mind putting triples on down the road if i could find a set someday. i see you have your slx for sale. How much are you asking for it? What's all done to it?

+1

+1
    That one has crossed my mind a few times, but i don't know if i'm ready for the big couch type hull yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTXC View Post
    That one has crossed my mind a few times, but i don't know if i'm ready for the big couch type hull yet.

Trust me that SLTX is very quick and fast. I could not tell you how many RXP and RXT units I have spanked at the lake. Funny to look at the guys face when he just got beat by a ski that is over 10 years old. It is the ultimate sleeper.

Get a Pro. I have had an SLX (1050) for a few seasons and I just bought a Pro. I rode a buddy's and loved it. The hull is snappier, It handles and corners better (no more donuts however) but it picks up and goes. Planning a few add ons myself and I thought I would start with a boat I really liked.

+1
    I can get mine to spin out and do circles. I will sell you mine. Can pick it up at MB if you want.
    John

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTXC View Post
    I guess that's good point since i wouldn't mind putting triples on down the road if i could find a set someday. i see you have your slx for sale. How much are you asking for it? What's all done to it?
    It's back to all stock except for a custom extended ride plate and a R&D small wing intake grate. This thing is in excellent condition inside and out...has 60hrs on it. Has new S.S. pump stator, new impeller, new Odyssey 625 maintenance free battery, new MFD and has OEM cover in great shape. Selling for $3,400...no trailer. Will be posting ad in classified section very soon...just waiting for a good day to take pics.

Thread Information