Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

just purchased a brand new 2007 rxt. because it was new in the crate it came with the 2 year factory warranty with the option to purchase another 3 years for 1500$ at the end of the first 2 years. i would like to do some mods to this machine nothing too crazy or expensive but just enough to get a few more mph out of it and better acceleration etc. i was thinking something like the riva stage 1 kit and a green wheel. also thought about upgrading the washers and supercharger parts but i'm worried about warranty coverage and the dealer giving me a hard time if they see any modifications. aside from the downtime if i do lose the washers or something in the sc the warranty will cover it but if they see any mods i'm afraid they wont. any suggestions. would that simple mod combo wake it up a decent amount? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waterskipper View Post
    just purchased a brand new 2007 rxt. because it was new in the crate it came with the 2 year factory warranty with the option to purchase another 3 years for 1500$ at the end of the first 2 years. i would like to do some mods to this machine nothing too crazy or expensive but just enough to get a few more mph out of it and better acceleration etc. i was thinking something like the riva stage 1 kit and a green wheel. also thought about upgrading the washers and supercharger parts but i'm worried about warranty coverage and the dealer giving me a hard time if they see any modifications. aside from the downtime if i do lose the washers or something in the sc the warranty will cover it but if they see any mods i'm afraid they wont. any suggestions. would that simple mod combo wake it up a decent amount? thanks
    The additional year of factory warranty is great, but $1500 for the BEST warranty sounds way high. I paid $650 for 3 years, but that was 4 years ago. You might try getting a price from PPG and there was a guy on eBay from Wisconsin (I think) selling BEST warranty through his dealershiip. If you buy it within a month, you get an even better deal... Ron

maybe the pricing is different up here in canada. however i went through 3 superchargers on my last 04 gtx 185 and none of those jobs were less than 1500$ to fix so i see as worth it for 3 years.

+1
    Get the metal washers in your supercharger. Your dealer probably wouldn't even notice the difference. Plus, 2008 OEM clutch washers ARE metal. And you have a much higher chance of not needing any warranty work done if your supercharger never blows. I would say get a green wheel, 14/19r prop, make a 4" custom front air intake (search for parts list and instructions on this one), and get a Riva or R&D pump wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by waterskipper View Post
    maybe the pricing is different up here in canada. however i went through 3 superchargers on my last 04 gtx 185 and none of those jobs were less than 1500$ to fix so i see as worth it for 3 years.
    Sorry, I didn;t see that you were in Canada... Ron

thanks for the advice j fizzle

Thread Information