Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bioshock Trouble

I got Bioshock for PC yesterday. I was about to play it and when it was starting it crashed and said "bioshock.exe has stopped responding". Has anyone had a problem like this if they installed the game on their computers? If you have, please tell me how to fix it so I can enjoy the game like the other people here that have.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMike View Post
    I got Bioshock for PC yesterday. I was about to play it and when it was starting it crashed and said "bioshock.exe has stopped responding". Has anyone had a problem like this if they installed the game on their computers? If you have, please tell me how to fix it so I can enjoy the game like the other people here that have.
    it's a sign from God telling you to get out and ride more and get out from behind that computer

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    it's a sign from God telling you to get out and ride more and get out from behind that computer
    still another year to go, check the sig

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    This is why I have gone console for my high end gaming. No chasing hardware, constantly upgrading to make minimum requirements, no software conflicts. Just disk in and go. Of course since I went PS3 I can't play Bioshock unless I buy a 360

I just finished Bioshock last week. GREAT GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I just finished Bioshock last week. GREAT GAME!
    why do you think i want to try it so badly!!! Does anyone know where I can find "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" to delete "msacm.divxa32"????

I would look on their website to see if there is a patch or FAQ about this issue. If not the first thing I would do is uninstall and reinstall. Sometimes I have fixed issues by just reinstalling or using the repair option some software has.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    maybe because you are running windows NT?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I would look on their website to see if there is a patch or FAQ about this issue. If not the first thing I would do is uninstall and reinstall. Sometimes I have fixed issues by just reinstalling or using the repair option some software has.
    have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I am pretty sure the game automatically downloaded and installed the patch during installation, but I will do it manually and see what happens. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. Could it be that my graphics card is preventing startup?? I have an Intel Media Graphics Accelerator 945 that has 256 MB of shared memory, but no dedicated when a requirement of the game is 128MB dedicated. However, I have been playing NFS Carbon for a while and I checked system specs today, the specs said the game needs 64MB dedicated, but the game runs fine. At least if the game doesn't run on my laptop, I will try the Dell XPS 410 gaming computer that is sitting in my little desk room at home.

Yea, that could be your problem right there. I would look online and see if there is any upgraded drivers for your setup. If not I think you won't be able to use it on that computer. Games these days, for sure Bioshock, needs a nice graphics card to support the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information